Upbound.io is a cloud native computing startup on a mission to create the first open and community driven cloud computing platform. We are passionately leading a CNCF open source control plane effort, Crossplane.io, while building a commercial SaaS offering that enables enterprises to build, deploy and manage cloud native infrastructure for applications.
This is a 6 month contract-to-hire position. 3rd party firms will not being considered.
As a Web Developer, you will be responsible for developing, testing, deploying, and monitoring Upbound’s websites and landing pages for both internal customers and external audience. This role will work closely with our design, product marketing, demand generation, and other cross functional teams to create a great user experience for our website visitors, build digital campaigns and content experiences, and design workflows which ultimately help generate leads from our website and marketing properties.
In this role you will...
- Implement front-end designs for both upbound.io and contribute to crossplane.io
- Partner with our design and product marketing teams to create compelling content, websites, and landing pages for lead generation
- Maintain the Upbound.io and Crossplane.io website and the systems which deploy it
- Implement SEO optimizations and monitor baselines and results
- Provide detailed site analysis and recommendations for site changes; work closely with content creators and designers to implement changes
- Keep the team updated using our GitHub based project management practices
You are a good fit if...
- 2+ years building mobile responsive websites or web applications
- 1+ years experience with React.js
- 1+ years using Gatsby, NextJS, or a similar framework
- Experience taking wireframe mockups from a designer or team and creating a working single page application from them and deploying it to a production environment
- Experience with Google Analytics, optimizing robots.txt, identifying / fixing redirect loops, and implementing canonical tags
- Experience using version control systems (git)
- Knowledge of design systems, style dictionaries and component libraries
- Knowledge of conversion rate optimization and UX principles and methodologies; changes for search engines are always balanced with user-first experiences
- Capable of providing analysis and recommendations on how to improve our web properties
- Have a Bachelors Degree in CS or in a related field
It’s a plus if…
- You’ve worked in a fast-paced startup before
- Have contributed to OSS before
- Eager to learn and contribute to an early team
- Are passionate about building things from the ground up
We encourage people of all backgrounds, gender identities, ethnicities, ages, or any other descriptors that make you uniquely you, to apply with enthusiasm and confidence. Upbound is a place where you can be 100% comfortable being you.