Upbound.io is a cloud native computing startup on a mission to create the first open and community driven cloud computing platform. We are passionately leading a CNCF open source control plane effort, Crossplane.io, while building a commercial SaaS offering that enables enterprises to build, deploy and manage cloud native infrastructure for applications.
This role is the first internal Finance position at Upbound. In this role you will be responsible for laying the foundations of a successful finance and accounting function for the company. In that pursuit you will be responsible for owning all aspects of general corporate accounting and finance related activities. This will include the streamlining of the underlying finance operations, tools selection and roll out, policy creation, reporting, payroll, cash management and AR/AP across multiple geographic locations.
In this role you will...
- Be responsible for all aspects of finance and accounting
- Support leadership with monthly and quarterly reporting, financial reconciliation, and close (we currently use Quickbooks)
- Oversee AP/AR and expense management processes, ensuring accurate reporting and compliance
- Identify, implement, and improve policy, processes, systems and tools to streamline and drive efficiency as the company scales
- Build and maintain financial models to support projected company growth and related analyses
- Own and manage monthly employee payroll in partnership with People Operations
- Be the primary stakeholder owning insurance requirements such as workers comp, D&O, and related compliance
- Manage ISO/NSO equity distributions and reconciliation for both onboarding and off-boarding (we use Carta)
- Prepare and present reports and analysis to Upbound’s Board of Directors
- Oversee quarterly and annual federal and state tax preparation, reporting and compliance
- Be excited about owning and solving a wide breadth of finance challenges for Upbound
You are a good fit if you have...
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Are an up to date certified CPA
- Experience working at a venture backed SaaS startup
- 5+ years hands-on experience within corporate accounting, preferably with startup experience
- Strong organizational skills backed by a strong attention to details
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP preferably within a venture-backed company
- Quickbooks experience
- Comfort and familiarity with building and communicating policy which help accelerate the business forward
- Advanced Excel skills (pivots, lookups & macro), proficient with other MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently within a team environment, manage deadlines and balance competing priorities
- A team player. Strong written and verbal communication skills
A plus if you…
- Previously worked in a primarily remote/distributed company
We encourage people of all backgrounds, gender identities, ethnicities, ages, or any other descriptors that make you uniquely you, to apply with enthusiasm and confidence. Upbound is a place where you can be 100% comfortable being you.