Upbound.io is a cloud native computing startup on a mission to create the first open and community driven cloud computing platform. We are passionately leading a CNCF open source control plane effort, Crossplane.io, while building a commercial SaaS offering that enables enterprises to build, deploy and manage cloud native infrastructure for applications.
As Upbound's first Technical Writer, you will own the end to end experience users have with Upbound documentation for every one of our products and define the role at our company. Well written and easy to understand product documentation, along with supporting content, is the first impression of our products for potential customers, users, and existing customers.
Success in this role will be embracing your role as a "first user" of new features and products, collaborating with our Product and Engineering teams to improve user experience and quality. Based on your experiences with our products, you'll bring a unique and credible voice to exceptional technical documentation including tutorials, message standards, technical specs, quick reference guides, walkthroughs and more.
In this role, you will...
- Own all of Upbound’s technical documentation including docs.upbound.com, tutorials, and GitHub READMEs
- Setup minikube and install UXP to test some of Upbound's newest features
- Author Crossplane Compositions and use them to build new tutorials and walkthroughs
- Work with Upbound’s product team as a "first user" to improve new features
- Brainstorm and implement changes to documentation which make a material impact to the business
- Create and edit documentation in markdown
- Use git to check-in and deploy documentation to production
You are a good fit if you have...
- Excellent writing abilities and a passion for technical communications
- Experience working with and in the cloud-native community
- Familiarity with cloud-native technologies and the people who use them
- Ability to create content using Markdown
- Experience with git workflows and using GitHub
- Ability to make styling changes to static websites using CSS and HTML
- Ability to learn how Crossplane works and how to operate it proficiently, but they won’t need to learn how to create Providers/Configurations from scratch
It’s a plus if you have...
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Crossplane
- Experience using graphic design software creating diagrams and simple illustrations which enhance your content
We encourage people of all backgrounds, gender identities, ethnicities, ages, or any other descriptors that make you uniquely you, to apply with enthusiasm and confidence. Upbound is a place where you can be 100% comfortable being you.