Upbound.io is a cloud native computing startup on a mission to create the first open and community driven cloud computing platform. We are passionately leading a CNCF open source control plane effort, Crossplane.io, while building a commercial SaaS offering that enables enterprises to build, deploy and manage cloud native infrastructure for applications.
Upbound is looking for a full cycle Technical Recruiter. Using a variety of sourcing and research techniques, you will responsible for identifying and engaging with top hiring prospects for roles at Upbound which include Cloud Platform Engineers, Distributed Systems Engineers, Product Managers, Developer Advocates, and others. You'll enjoy this project if you can successfully meet challenge of unearthing top prospects across the industry and have proven an ability to do so beyond just using LinkedIn as your primary source .
In this role you will...
- Partner with hiring managers to thoroughly understand technical requirements of target hiring profiles.
- Develop innovative and effective sourcing strategies to identify qualified prospects.
- Utilize boolean, LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, and other sites and tools to identify potential candidates.
- Create and compose compelling messaging that highlights the exciting technical challenges.
- Organize, schedule, and ensure well structured interviews that yield high hiring signal.
- Track and maintain a real time record of candidate pipelines for each role.
- Provide weekly reports on top-of-the-funnel metrics; including outreach performance, response rates, and pass-through rates.
You may be a good fit if you...
- Have a good understanding of the cloud and cloud-native product landscape and related role specifications.
- A passion for understanding and engaging diverse and highly technical talent.
- Experience utilizing different creative types of sourcing methods beyond LinkedIn and internal databases.
- Ability and willingness to dig deep for niche hard to find talent.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Are an adept problem solver, analytical, and have strong research skills.
- Love the fast paced working style of an early stage startup.
It's a plus if you have...
- Worked in an early stage startup before
- Hired SWEs in the Kubernetes space
- Experience working or hiring in the open source ecosystem
**We will not be accepting or responding to candidates from 3rd Party Firms for this position**
We encourage people of all backgrounds, gender identities, ethnicities, ages, or any other descriptors that make you uniquely you, to apply with enthusiasm and confidence. Upbound is a place where you can be 100% comfortable being you.