Unqork is the no-code platform that's pioneering a new way for companies to build, deploy, and manage complex, enterprise-grade applications. At this moment, Fortune 100 companies are using Unqork to create and deliver software without writing a single line of code.
Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals, and together we're creating a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built. If you want to have a hand in defining the future of application development, we want to hear from you.
The Revenue Manager will be responsible for the order to cash cycle and will be responsible for revenue recognition standards, and adherence to policies and procedures. The role will work closely with senior-level customer-facing managers and their teams to guide our contracts towards optimal revenue recognition while adhering to GAAP standards. In addition, this role will be responsible for the monthly revenue close, invoicing, collections, and Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) reporting to Senior Management and the broader organization. The role will also be responsible for sales compensation calculations and variable compensation calculations related to revenue.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for revenue accounting and closing processes on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Revenue recognition and adherence and compliance to revenue recognition standards
- Develop revenue recognition strategies to maximize company revenue and cash flow
- Identify and resolve revenue-related issues promptly
- Manage accounts receivable and the invoice billing process and own billing and collections processes as they pertain to finance at a SaaS organization
- Process customer invoices in a timely and accurate manner
- Work with the deal desk, the sales organization and senior management regarding contract structure and revenue recognition principles
- Weekly/Monthly revenue and ARR reporting for senior management
- Perform monthly/annual financial closings and financial reporting, GL reconciliations, cash management, revenue recognition, and project reporting
- Lead annual audit process in relations to revenue and manage the relationship with the external auditor
- Automate and prepare monthly reporting package, including comparative reports of GAAP operating results and financial position and variance explanations
- Provide monthly reports of actuals vs budget to department heads, with a view to identify, explain and correct variances as appropriate
- Create and develop internal controls, accounting policy, financial procedures, and operational processes related to revenue
- Manage sales compensation calculation, validation and reporting
- Ensure US GAAP accounting/financial standards are maintained
What we’re looking for:
- 5-8 years of experience in a revenue-focused role at a SaaS organization
- CPA with in-house accounting/finance experience
- Deep understanding of contract elements and ASC 606/605
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with revenue recognition standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative -- always looking for ways to improve accuracy, processes, and productivity
- Superb planning, organization and coordination skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed and hands-on, able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite required
- Experience at a fast-growing SaaS startup
- Experience with Sage/Intact revenue reporting
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.