Unqork is an enterprise software company with a no-code platform that digitizes the entire client lifecycle and eliminates dependence on paper for financial services and insurance companies. The company’s patent-pending technology uses AI and machine transcription for risk assessment and digitization, utilizing each client’s existing product and underwriting rules, layered on top of legacy IT systems. The software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology creates custom client onboarding and servicing forms using a drag-and-drop interface which can be implemented within weeks instead of months – unlike most hard-coded technology builds. The result is an easy to use and streamlined front-end agent and consumer experience that significantly reduces operational costs and eliminates errors while accelerating sales and business growth.
Some of the world’s largest insurance and financial companies use Unqork to define new business rules and deploy products/applications seamlessly and effortlessly without relying on costly development and maintenance of a code base. Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals and has created an ‘elegant paradigm shift’ in the way insurance and financial companies are able to operate.
As an Instructional Designer, you will be responsible for creating curricula to teach simple as well as complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms. You will:
- Work with subject matter experts to create learning goals and detailed outlines for each class
- Work with Technical Writers to create easy to digest course content
- Create learning paths for various learning tracks. Develop the scoring system to measure complexity of each step in the path
- Develop exams for each learning path
- Write copy for video scripts, lesson steps, challenges, quizzes, worksheets, class emails, and other instructional materials
- Ensure that all lessons, graphics, and video cuts meet all Unqork standards
- Conduct user interviews and surveys to test and validate opportunities for new curricula
- Review curriculum metrics and help determine when class fixes and revisions are needed
- Work with subject matter experts to update and revise current curricula
- Document internal processes, guidelines, and instructions
Who you are:
First and foremost, you must have excellent writing skills. You should be able to quickly put together clean, organized copy that’s appropriate for all kinds of e-learning formats, including online lesson steps, video scripts, practice exercises, worksheets, syllabi, and quizzes.
You’re a good fit for this role if you are familiar with foundational instructional design concepts and have experience creating curricula in an e-learning environment. You should be familiar with HTML, CSS, and web design basics.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience developing curriculum in an e-learning environment
- Familiarity with foundational concepts in instructional design, including subject-centered curriculum, backward planning, and scaffolding
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and web design basics
- Knowledge of basic adult learning theories and principles
- Able to take complicated concepts and explain them to a lay audience in clear, digestible steps
- Able to hit deadlines and balance multiple projects within a weekly cycle
- Excited to learn about and explain technical topics!