uno is Australia's first Active Home Loan Manager transforming mortgage broking. We use a combination of advanced technology and an expert broking team to help our customers start on a great loan and stay on a great home loan the whole time they have a loan. It's literally saving our customers thousands. Simply put, we're on a mission to have the world's happiest home loan customers and we need the best talent to continue to deliver.
If you’re a motivated, proactive Lead Engineer (Full Stack) looking to join a great team on a full-time basis then we want to speak to you.
As an experienced Lead Engineer (Full Stack), you will work closely with the VP Engineering & Data to provide leadership to the Engineer Team on our current and future architecture roadmap including contemplation of implementation of new technologies, integration solutions and maintenance of existing applications.
To be successful in this role you will not only have the technical expertise and experience to provide leadership and direction for major projects, you will also have proven experience in managing and developing a team of high performing engineers (front end and back end) and in contributing to product strategy.
You will work with talented and experienced teams including product management, design and engineers. You will have the unique opportunity to contribute to product design and system architecture.
In addition, you will be hands on and own one or more components of our systems and applications. The end users of the applications include both internal stakeholders as well as external customers. Our applications form the basis of our uno mortgage platform.
Role Desirable Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years engineering experience (Java/Go/React)
- 5+ years people leadership
- 5+ years experience with AWS (ECS/EKS/DynamoDB/Lambda/RDS/Kinesis)
- 2+ years experience designing and deploying microservices (Docker/API design)
- Proficiency in Software Development Best Practices (SCM / DDD / BDD / DevSecOps /CI-CD)
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases
- Worked in cross-functional Agile development teams (Scrum / Kanban)
- Experience in leading an Engineering team
- Experience in enterprise and solution architecture
- Excellent leadership skills including ability to develop technical talent and motivate the team
- Ability to deliver the Technology strategy and provide technical guidance to others
- Strong collaboration skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and deliver continuous improvement
Why work for uno?
Our employees really are at the forefront of our business and we empower our team to have a voice, make a difference, help lead the business forward and keep uno as a great place to work. Our flexible working environment, strong corporate social responsibility program, wellness program with yoga and meditation sessions, great social events, strong focus on skill and career development are just some of the many reasons to work here.
Who we are
At uno, no day is the same. Our diverse and inclusive culture drives our success and makes us a great place to work. We empower our team to feel free to be themselves so they can unleash their maximum potential. Our people are passionate, authentic, dynamic and work well together as a team.