uno is Australia's first Active Home Loan Manager transforming mortgage broking. We use a combination of advanced technology and an expert broking team to help our customers start on a great loan and stay on a great home loan the whole time they have a loan. It's literally saving our customers thousands. Simply put, we're on a mission to have the world's happiest home loan customers and we need the best talent to continue to deliver.
If you’re a motivated, proactive Lead Back End Engineer looking to join a great team on a full-time basis then we want to speak to you.
As a Lead Back End Engineer, you will lead the Back End Engineering team including working with the Engineers on architecture, integration and maintenance of applications. The Lead Back End Engineer not only has the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimise your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimise theirs. As the Lead Back End Engineer you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team.
You will work with talented and experienced teams including product management, design and engineers. You will have the unique opportunity to contribute to product design and system scalability.
In addition, you will be hands on and own one or more components of our systems and applications. The end users of the applications include both internal stakeholders as well as external customers. Our applications form the basis of our uno mortgage platform.
Role Desirable Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years engineering experience (Java/Go)
- 2+ years people leadership
- 2+ years experience with AWS (ECS/EKS/DynamoDB/Lambda/RDS/Kinesis)
- 2+ years experience designing and deploying microservices (Docker/API design)
- Proficiency in Software Development Best Practices (SCM / DDD / BDD / DevSecOps /CI-CD)
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases
- Worked in cross-functional Agile development teams (Scrum / Kanban)
- Strong desire to learn and deliver continuous improvement
- Excellent leadership skills including ability to develop technical talent and motivate the team
- Ability to deliver the Technology strategy and provide technical guidance to others
- Strong collaboration skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Why work for uno?
Our employees really are at the forefront of our business and we empower our team to have a voice, make a difference, help lead the business forward and keep uno as a great place to work. Our flexible working environment, strong corporate social responsibility program, wellness program with yoga and meditation sessions, great social events, strong focus on skill and career development are just some of the many reasons to work here.
Who we are
At uno, no day is the same. Our diverse and inclusive culture drives our success and makes us a great place to work. We empower our team to feel free to be themselves so they can unleash their maximum potential. Our people are passionate, authentic, dynamic and work well together as a team.