Uno Health works with Medicare insurers to enroll their members into all of the financial programs they're eligible for - such as SNAP and Utility Assistance - unlocking thousands of dollars in savings for some of the most vulnerable Americans. The extra cash leads to improved health outcomes and savings for members, and direct revenue for insurers.
Founders Anna de Paula Hanika and Chloe Phitoussi were inspired by first-hand experience in their previous roles at healthcare startups Clover and Oscar. Uno’s investors include Floodgate (Lyft, Twitter, Twitch), Cowboy Ventures (Lending Home, DocSend) and other healthcare and technology leaders.
We are at a pivotal time with deep demographic and social pressures being applied to our healthcare system. Come work with us!
About the Role
We are looking for a best-in-class leader to build, manage and own the performance of our growing application operations team. This role is critical to further developing Uno’s core product offering - enrolling millions of low-income Americans in life-changing benefits, putting millions of dollars in their pockets. Our team is mission-oriented, results driven and passionate about building processes and tools that make complex and confusing program enrollment processes simple and delightful for everyone.
A few more details:
- You will coach, manage and grow an operations team across a variety of roles.
- You will foster a culture of operational excellence, ensuring the enrollment operations team is delivering on SLAs and KPIs on a daily and weekly basis.
- You will leverage data to derive insights about your team’s work and inform product development that supports them in hitting their goals.
- You will report out to the rest of the company on your team’s performance, and any challenges reaching goals.
- You will continuously seek to improve existing SOPs and processes that drive efficiency and quality of the team’s work.
- You will partner with technology and product teams on an ongoing basis to automate and unlock efficiency for the team.
This role requires
- 3+ years experience managing high volume operations and teams, such as mailrooms
- Experience in self-serving SQL and advanced in excel/google sheets
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in delivering effective feedback
- Appetite for complexity - specifically, a desire to go deep into the weeds of government applications
- Creative problem-solving skills to triage issues that arise
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Have a desire to improve the system for millions
- Have experience working with multiple technology tools at once and are able to pick up on new skills and tools quickly (Google sheets, CRMs, ticketing queues)
- Are excited to work with an early-stage startup where you’ll take on a large responsibility within a growing team
- Are a self-starter who enjoys working cross-functionally with different teams to reach a common company goal
- Are thrilled to dive into the weeds in order to build tools that will have a huge impact