Millions of Americans have a right to financial programs like Medicaid, SNAP, and utility assistance. These programs offer significant material relief—and dramatically improved health outcomes—for the people who receive them. But enrolling in them is confusing and challenging, with complicated applications and arcane lists of required documents. That’s where Uno comes in.
Uno Health builds clever, accessible tooling for case management teams, helping them guide Medicare patients down the easiest possible paths to receiving their benefits. We’ve made it our mission to take care of all the messy processes and paperwork and to connect as many people as we can with critical government programs.
About the Role
We are looking to build up Uno's engineering force as we deliver our products to customers. As part of this, we’d like to consider you for our software engineer role. In this role, you will have an immediate and lasting impact on the direction of the product, but also on our team and mission.
Some of the projects you might work on:
- A benefit enrollment platform to help unlock up to $10,000 of benefits a year for low income seniors and disabled Americans, radically changing the way in which they live and are cared for.
- A data pipeline and analytics infrastructure that can seamlessly integrate multiple sources and users of data.
- Data management and outreach tools to enable our outreach team to keep track of members’ needs outside the doctor’s office and positively impact their lives.
- Real-time reporting for our Medicare insurance clients.
- Infrastructure to support the tools and services we build and deploy
Your work may involve:
- Rapid prototyping of new features for our customer-facing tools.
- Designing data pipelines and implementing data best practices to help Uno grow with its customers.
- Designing the data schema for business process workflows and migrating data to new formats.
- Building the next generation of our benefits eligibility and enrollment engine.
- Iterating on and scaling HIPAA-compliant infrastructure across an array of products.
You may be a good fit for this role if you...
- You are a U.S. Resident.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a developer.
- Are deeply mission-driven and want to use your skills to change American healthcare for the better.
- Are excited to take deep ownership over your work as part of an early-stage startup.
- Are excited about shipping code, building a team, and shaping a culture.
- Enjoy working collaboratively with design, product, and operations to ensure you are building a great user experience.
- Relish making your work outputs understandable and actionable at various levels of technical detail to both internal and external stakeholders
- Can move fluidly between system architecture and implementation.
- Take a pragmatic and product-driven approach to development - translating product specs to implementation timelines and achievable goals.
- Have a demonstrated ability to breakdown complex projects into discrete tasks and estimate the effort involved
- Have extensive experience building and interacting with web based APIs
- Have experience building web applications from frontend to backend
- Have experience modeling workflows and data in a relational database
Bonus if you have…
- Experience in a fast-growing startup
- Experience with data workflow systems such as Luigi, Airflow or Argo
- Experience working with CRMs such as Salesforce
- Worked in healthcare or other regulated industries before
- NPS >90 from your grandparents and their friends ;)