Our mission is to replace mining with reuse as the largest source of the next billion batteries. The problem is that batteries are expensive to reuse today because of non-standardized testing, expensive shipping, and dangerous disassembly by hand. We collect and sort old batteries, test how good they still are, and take them apart. We do this for all types of EV batteries using ML-driven analytics & intelligent robotics. Then we turn them into modular, directly accessible, and low-cost grid storage systems. If we can’t do this, we prepare them for recycling to turn them into raw materials to make new cells. Our vision is to build local factories around the world to become the largest manufacturer of used batteries and their raw materials to realize a truly clean energy revolution.
You make sure critical projects move the company forward at the right velocity. You will organize and run operations to ship, dismantle, and test batteries by managing permits with logistics companies to get them from customers' premises to Los Angeles. You are well-versed operating in complex value chains such as the battery, automotive & automation industry. You're excited to start from a blank slate and use first principles to design the layout of battery reuse plants. As a jack of all trades, you have a strong strategic sense, a keen analytical mind, operational hustle, and commercial panache. You do whatever needs to be done to help the company run smoothly.
How you will contribute
- Craft strategic company roadmaps, set goals & OKRs, and make execution plans. Manage these with agile project management methods. Turn these plans into playbooks & processes for teams to be aligned. Oversee smooth execution of high-impact projects.
- Operationalize office, lab, and warehouse space and prepare to file permits. Selecting facilities and deciding on logistics partners to process increasing battery volumes. Drive the pilot and plant planning, design, construction, and manufacturing integration to the plant. You make sure safety is included in all we do.
- Build and maintain operational partnerships with suppliers and vendors to set up pilot programs in robotics, battery testing, and the development of battery management systems. Identify, develop, negotiate, and manage all vendors and suppliers.
- Manage recruiting operations, scale sourcing, process applications, and recruiting pipelines to help source the best people on the team. Make sure the onboarding of new employees runs smoothly and keep people happy once they join.
- Build and manage financial operating models such as cash flow models, balance sheets, and runway projections. Work with accountants and legal teams to make sure the books and legal documents are in decent shape.
- Deliver critical communications to keep investors, customers, and recruits informed and happy. Provide formats for communication, budget, and presentation to help teams work most effectively.
- Configure and run ICT systems such as Hubspot, Lever, Google Drive, website hosting, and AWS so all team members can do their best work.
The skills & experience that you bring
- At least a B.Sc. in Physics, engineering, or science study. Preferably completed an M.Sc. program in business, finance, or economics.
- 3-5 years of experience in strategic, analytical, product, and/or operational fields in a logistics or operational high-growth startup environment.
- 3-5 yrs experience of operating and/or manufacturing experience in battery, electric vehicle, and automation industry or high-growth startup similar industry.
- +3 yrs experience in program management. Comfortable navigating ambiguous environments, and working across teams & external stakeholders to ramp up operations from first product to high-volume.
- +3 Experience in sourcing vendors and dealing with contract negotiations; demonstrated skills in supplier operational and relationship management.
- Highly organized, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and broad strategic business knowledge. Experience with data analysis, budget management, and consulting with a focus on operations management.
- Bias towards action and impact with emotional intelligence to switch contexts between stakeholders. Comfortable working in a fasting-moving and high-growth environment.
How to hit a homerun
- Experience in a high-growth startup and/or technology company as VP of Operations.
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to develop and run data-models.
Reach out to email@example.com for questions, comments and/or feedback before applying.