Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
About the Role:
Unite Us is looking for talented Senior Software Engineers to build out the next generation platform to propel our product line forward. We desire passionate persons with experience building and maintaining web applications who are excited about building a product that helps real people get the social services they need. You will solve difficult and ambiguous business and technology problems. You value simplicity and are willing to challenge technical constraints to achieve a solid design. You will always be expanding your industry knowledge, especially as it relates to technology platform capabilities for social care platforms integrating with other healthcare technology systems.
What You'll Do:
- Join a highly professional and entrepreneurial environment
- Contribute to the development of a fast growing startup
- Benefit from motivated and talented colleagues
- Responsibility from day one
- Opportunity to add your own valuable input and bring in your own ideas
- Be able to build systems that are simple, testable, maintainable, and scale
- Deeply versed in modern web technologies
- Deep command of modern programming languages preferably in Ruby
- Be able and willing to write tests for the systems we build and maintain
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases, PostgreSQL preferred
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment
- Open, communicative and like working in small teams
- Fluent in speaking and writing English
- Passion for high quality
- Experience building RESTful APIs
You're a great fit for this role if:
- 5+ years of experience in building RESTful APIs and web applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Python/Django, or other similar languages and MVC frameworks commonly used when building APIs
- Knowledge of AWS and related services such as EC2 or RDS would be very valuable
- Experience working in Agile teams, particularly remotely. Experience with Scrum would be very valuable
- A talent for asking questions that will help to flesh out project requirements, and a curiosity about how business requirements become technical requirements
- Familiarity with technology requirements for HIPAA compliance
Unite Us’ mission is to unlock the potential of every community. Our co-founders started Unite Us in 2013 to serve the people they served with. They witnessed firsthand the barriers and inefficiencies in trying to navigate health and social services, and set out to improve that experience for veterans and their families. Unite Us quickly expanded to serving all people who need connections to care across our country. Through Unite Us’ national network and software, community-based organizations, government agencies, and healthcare organizations are all connected to better collaborate to meet the needs of the individuals in their communities. We drive the collaboration to predict, deliver, and pay for services that impact whole-person health. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us.
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position location is remote, US based
- Target range: $130,000-160,000. This salary range represents our national target range for this role. Some geographic areas may have higher target ranges.
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.