About the Role:
The Chief People Officer will be responsible for the organization's people operations, culture and growth. This person will manage a multifaceted department and lead the strategy and vision of our organization’s culture to achieve long-term success. This person will be required to provide and deliver on a strategic vision to recruit, hire, and retain top talent and manage the careers of our growing team. They will lead all People Operations functions, including: Talent Strategy, Employee Experience, DEI, HRIS, Compensation and Benefits, Onboarding, Learning and Development, and Recruiting, as well as internal communications for the company and other internal employee initiatives to ensure that we support opportunities for all at Unite Us. Success in this role will require a focus on talent strategy and performance management to drive both customer and company results, industry expertise and acumen, and the ability to thrive in a high growth and fast paced company environment. The Chief People Officer will report directly to our Chief Executive Officer.
What You'll Do:
- Build on Unite Us’ success to define an inspiring and clear vision for the Unite Us team and culture and communicate that vision across the Company, ensuring that team members at all levels understand how their work contributes to this vision
- Set the philosophy for how Unite Us approaches key initiatives (including performance reviews, promotions, and compensation) and liaise with our Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer to deliver on key performance indicators for our team’s success
- Advise executive leadership and our Board of Directors on People team matters
- Manage senior leaders within the People team on initiatives impacting all People team verticals, including Talent Strategy, Employee Experience, DEI, HRIS, Compensation and Benefits, Onboarding, Recruiting, Total Rewards, Learning & Development
- Amplify our culture internally and externally through events, external press, and industry presentation and conference opportunities
- Build on Unite Us’ DEI and Employee Resource Group structure in support our our mission
- Manage and run a high performing team that consistently has strong engagement scores, high retention and clear growth paths
You’re a great fit for this role if you have:
- 15+ years of experience as a strategic people leader who has led a nationwide or international team and has experience supporting a team of at least 500 team members with 2-3X growth over the term of your leadership roles
- Experience as a leadership influencer who builds strong relationships and can clearly define and champion the importance and correlation of people to business success
- Experience in a leadership position at a high-growth technology or software company
- Experience in a public company or pre-public, late-stage private company
- Strong executive-level experience advising officers and directors.
- Strong business communication skills (including presentation development and public speaking)
- A focus on solution-seeking in the face of a challenge; you know how to organize and prioritize your workload for you and your team
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects and initiatives with organization and confidence
Unite Us’ mission is to unlock the potential of every community. Our co-founders started Unite Us in 2013 to serve the people they served with. They witnessed firsthand the barriers and inefficiencies in trying to navigate health and social services, and set out to improve that experience for veterans and their families. Unite Us quickly expanded to serving all people who need connections to care across our country. Through Unite Us’ national network and software, community-based organizations, government agencies, and healthcare organizations are all connected to better collaborate to meet the needs of the individuals in their communities. We drive the collaboration to predict, deliver, and pay for services that impact whole-person health. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us.
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position is remote, U.S. based
- The target pay range for this role is: $215,000 - $350,000, with additional variable compensation and equity based on individual and company performance.
- This position may require 5-10% travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation