Job Title: Software Engineer, Test
About the Role:
Unite Us is looking for a Software Engineer, Test (SET) to build testing solutions that will ensure product quality. The Software Engineer, Test plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in developing solutions that are reliable and fast in support of efficient and effective test cycles. If you have a passion for quality and for tests that are a joy to maintain, we’d like to meet you.
What You’ll Do:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents for completion and testability
- Define testing strategies and scope for user stories and technical development tasks
- Provide estimates to Product and Technology team members
- Document test plans that are substantial while lean
- Engineer solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of testing cycles, including full-stack tests, integration tests, contract tests, and CI
- Design test frameworks and processes and drive their adoption
- Perform regression testing appropriate to application and system changes
- Identify, investigate, report, and track defects
- Deliver high-quality features and infrastructure to production
- Contribute to continuous improvement of quality metrics
- Continuously learn new tools, technologies, and testing disciplines
- Contribute to the SET Guild within Application Engineering
- 2+ years working within a dev team with a track record of improving quality
- Expertise in test design (in any language), shift-left testing, and separation of concerns
- Expertise with development lifecycle and languages (e.g., Ruby/Rails, Git, Shell)
- Expertise in software testing methodologies, tools, and processes
- Expertise in test-plan documentation and exploratory testing
- Knowledge of working on complex systems utilizing various software stack technologies (Linux, Container based (Docker, Kubernetes), AWS, Jenkins)
- Proficiency in data systems (PostgreSQL, RDS, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Unite Us’ mission is to unlock the potential of every community. Our co-founders started Unite Us in 2013 to serve the people they served with. They witnessed firsthand the barriers and inefficiencies in trying to navigate health and social services, and set out to improve that experience for veterans and their families. Unite Us quickly expanded to serving all people who need connections to care across our country. Through Unite Us’ national network and software, community-based organizations, government agencies, and healthcare organizations are all connected to better collaborate to meet the needs of the individuals in their communities. We drive the collaboration to predict, deliver, and pay for services that impact whole-person health. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us.
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position location is remote, US based
- Target range: $95,000-140,000. This salary range represents our national target range for this role. Some geographic areas may have higher target ranges.
- You will only be contacted by a Unite Us team member with a Unite Us email address regarding any Unite Us job openings. We will never contact you through a third party.
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.