Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Payments
Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
Unite Us is looking for talented engineers to work with our entire team to push our product line forward. We want a passionate person with experience building and maintaining web applications who is excited about building a product that helps real people get the social services they need.
You are a jack of many trades that might be as comfortable at a Linux command line as you are in the Chrome console, vim, or your favorite IDE, know when to optimize (and when not to), and enjoy working to create scalable and maintainable product lines. You've developed a few projects on your own, but you're ready to jump into a funded start-up and create something usable, but also beautiful.
Specifically, we are looking for an engineer to work with our growing Payments team, which is dedicated to bridging the gap between social care and the traditional healthcare claims model to provide community organizations with long-term, sustainable, funding.
What You'll Do:
- Join a highly professional and entrepreneurial environment.
- Contribute to the early development of a fast growing startup.
- Benefit from motivated and talented colleagues.
- Responsibility from day one.
- Opportunity to add your own valuable input and bring in your own ideas.
- Be able to build systems that are simple, testable, maintainable, and scale (if necessary).
- Deeply versed in modern web technologies.
- Command of modern programming languages, Ruby preferred.
- Be able and willing to write tests for the systems we build and maintain.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases, PostgreSQL preferred.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Open, communicative and like working in small teams.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Passion for high quality.
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
These are things we care about on the Payments team, though candidates do not have to meet every qualification on this list
- Experience building HTTP JSON APIs and web application UIs. Six or more years of experience are preferred, but a background in our technologies would compensate for a relative lack of general experience.
- Knowledge of AWS and related services such as EC2 or RDS would be very valuable.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Python/Django, or other similar languages and MVC frameworks commonly used when building APIs.
- Experience working in Agile teams, particularly remotely. Experience with Scrum would be very valuable.
- A talent for asking questions that will help to flesh out project requirements, and a curiosity about how business requirements become technical requirements.
- Experience with healthcare-related technologies such as HL7 FHIR or X12 or a willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with technology requirements for HIPAA compliance.
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is remote (US Based, excluding Colorado). Unite Us has office locations (NYC, Raleigh, Los Angeles) that you may choose to work from in the future.
- This position may require about 15% travel in the future. In an effort to keep our teammates safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic, Unite Us is currently operating under a no travel policy.
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.