Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and
inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to
improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health
outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they
need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless
technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with
local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that
support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery
system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us – we can build healthier communities
What You’ll Do:
● Assist with and participate in accurate and timely close of the financial statements in
compliance with US GAAP
● Perform analytics and variance analysis on financial statements
● Maintain, create/improve as necessary, monthly balance sheet subledgers and
reconciliations for all revenue related accounts, and other accounts as assigned
● Participate in monthly financial reporting process, including P&L, BS and CF, as well as
financial dashboards and KPIs
● Create policies and procedures to ensure proper accounting treatment in accordance
● Manage the application of ASC 606 Revenue Recognition guidance. Document revenue
recognition positions in technical memos.
● Continuously evaluate and drive improvements to the Revenue Recognition process and
related software systems.
● Work closely with the business to provide support, guidance, and ensure that proper
technical guidance is followed during the contract negotiation process.
● Review customer arrangements in detail, identifying any non-standard terms with
variable consideration, for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company
policy and US GAAP.
● Evaluate and improve internal controls necessary to ensure that revenue forecasts,
deferred revenue balances, and revenue accounting execution are compliant with US
● Implement new systems and system enhancements to improve the quality and efficiency
of revenue recognition.
● Review or prepare supporting schedules for the external audit and tax provision.
● Key contributor to the month-end close cycle ranging from Revenue analyses to
preparing journal entries and reconciliations.
● Stay current on evolving Accounting Standards pronouncements and updates under
prevailing regulatory bodies (FASB, SEC), incorporating into current Company policy as
necessary. Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
● Advanced understanding of how financial statements impact each other
● Creative and strategic thinker
● Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment
● Minimum of 5 years of overall experience at a VC/ PE backed or public software
● At least 2 years of managerial or leadership experience
● Understanding of US GAAP with extensive experience in the application of ASC 606 and
● Experience with revenue recognition in a Software-as-a-Service company.
● Demonstrated ability and motivation to work collaboratively across regions and
functions, as well as working independently with minimal oversight.
● Able to work in a fast-paced environment, highly detailed, organized and able to handle
multiple competing deadlines.
● Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills.
● Team player and comfortable working in fast-paced, growth environment.
Education and Experience:
● BA/BS in Finance or Accountancy
● CPA required and advanced degree a plus
● Experience with Google G Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, expert in Excel
● Experience with using ERP software, preferably NetSuite
Benefits and Perks:
● Competitive Salary
● Company paid health, dental and vision benefits for employees
● Commuter benefits
● Unlimited PTO
● 401k with company match
● Bonus and equity potential
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
● This position is based in New York, NY or Raleigh, NC
● This position might require very occasional travel
● All prospective employees must pass a background check
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees'
differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability,
pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in
applying for open positions due to a disability, please email us at
email@example.com to request an accommodation.