Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
We are looking for an Instructional Designer (Contract) to support the continued education and learning programs for team members at Unite Us. You will focus on enhancing the competencies of individual team members by designing self-paced online training programs (eLearning) and live virtual learning content. This role will be responsible for the design of content and the administrative functions needed to administer content through our Learning Management System.
What you’ll do:
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Work with L&D Managers and key partners to identify target audience’s learning needs
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design to provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
- Devise modes of assessment and evaluation to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Maintain project documentation, course data, and learning paths within the LMS
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and manage projects
- Conduct needs assessments, design, develop, and implement, training curricula, and methodology
- Skill in preparing instructional assets (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
- Ability to consult and collaborate with individuals and departments on complex training issues
Education and Experience:
- Extensive experience creating and delivering development programs and courses in multiple modalities, including high-touch, face-to-face, self-paced online, and live-online using a variety of technologies
- Experience with Asynchronous learning design
- Experience with various Learning Management Systems
- Expert with course authoring tools including Articulate Suite, Adobe Captivate, Google G Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Remote, US-based, excluding Colorado
- This position requires 15% travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.