Who We Are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
About the Customer Success Team
The Community Engagement Intern opportunity exists within the Customer Success Team. This group is a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and evolving team responsible for implementing new networks and maintaining relationships with existing clients. Our style of partnership and support is hands-on and relationship-based; we are proud of the white glove service we provide to our customers. We are experts in bringing together communities of providers – both in and out of the software- and we extend that expertise to our customers every day. As a team, we are quirky, dynamic, and collaborative. We share a passion for the work we do and hold each other to a high standard of work ethic, but we also know how to have fun!
Unite Us is seeking a Community Engagement Intern with entrepreneurial ambition and passion for public health. You will conduct outreach, host meetings, and build relationships with clinical providers, government agencies and community-based organizations to foster a sense of trust through our proven approach to build strong communities of organizations that work together and support the Community Engagement Manager with an emphasis on the following competencies:
- Identifying stakeholders’ values and needs and their history and specific interests, and soliciting and using input from the community to guide decisions.
- Building collaborative partnerships at the organizational, local or regional level.
- Providing operational and organizational support to ensure an individualized approach.
- Identifying, demonstrating, and evaluating cultural humility and proficiency.
- Conducting engagement efforts with a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion lens.
- Applying the principles to be able to work effectively and respect the differences in others’ culture, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender, race.
What You'll Do:
- Identify service providers to support filling gaps in the Unite Montana Community Network in the Billing area.
- Focus efforts on engaging organizations who serve marginalized populations facing health disparities.
- Build awareness with potential organizations and cultivate relationships to understand their organizational needs and readiness for care coordination.
- Leverage current relationships to identify new organizations to engage.
- Provide organizational support including tracking engagement status for contacts, creating templates for outreach, meetings and presentations.
- Provide administrative support to the Community Engagement Manager such as taking notes during Advisory Meetings and tracking action items for engagement.
- The ideal candidate is working toward a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Healthcare Administration and Management, Integrative Healthcare, Social Work and other related fields.
- Based out of Billings, MT or surrounding areas.
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position is U.S. based in Billings, MT - remote
- No travel required
This position reports to the Community Engagement Manager.
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.