Job Title: Product Manager (Platform)
Who we are:
Unite Us is reinventing the delivery of health and human services. We connect service providers on a common platform, enabling scalable, accountable and measurable delivery of wraparound care. Our technology provides the collaborative infrastructure for these communities. We care deeply about the work we do and the communities our software benefits. We’re looking for people to join our team who share that passion for our mission to reinvent Health & Human Services and aspire to make a lasting difference for future generations. No matter how large our team grows, we will always be family. Unite Us prides itself on offering a competitive salary, full benefits, and the opportunity to change the world. Come to Unite Us and together we can build healthier communities for everyone.
As a Product Manager at Unite Us, you’ll maintain and support the development of the Platform product roadmap, manage a Platform feature team’s agile sprints and team communications, and run a tight build-measure-learn development cycle. You’ll partner closely with Engineering, Agile Delivery, Product leadership and other stakeholder teams to ensure the most impactful ideas are nurtured, validated, tested, executed, and iterated on.
What You'll Do:
- Regularly prioritize, monitor, and track the progress of the team backlog and commitments against targets, communicating this with the team to manage expectations and suggest additional support when needed.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to implement and execute on the vision for platform solutions identified by product leadership business strategy.
- Responsible for production of product backlog. Translate the needs of the business, as communicated by product leadership, to the development and technology organization. Collaborate with the development team to ensure that epics and stories contain necessary details to enable efficient prioritization, coding, testing, and client validation needs.
- Lead Backlog Grooming and Sprint Planning sessions, while making sure to attend all other agile ceremonies as an active participant.
- Present complex information and ideas through open, transparent communication to engender trust and ensure mutual understanding.
- Identify and act against any roadblocks, always suggesting solutions to even the most complex issues.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and product proficiency, empowering others in their team to improve performance.
- Work with implementation, support, and sales teams with client training, client onboarding, user testing, and pilot testing to ensure the organization is prepared for new products/solutions being developed.
- Support implementation processes and documentation to communicate and set client expectations and assist with troubleshooting product issues as needed.
- 5+ years’ previous experience as a Product Manager with consumer-facing and/or B2B products in healthcare. Experience working with existing and emerging products.
- Subject Matter Expertise - Knowledge of healthcare industry and care management (DM / CM / medical home) best practices is highly desired.
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind. Ability to successfully navigate and contribute to a highly matrixed environment.
- Solution Design - Translate business needs into practical applications and solutions
- Communication - Strong persuasion skills and effective communicator; ability to communicate and evangelize a compelling vision internally and externally.
- Agile - Experience working in or managing Agile teams is highly desirable.
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is based in New York (remote applications will be considered case by case)
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.