Job Title: Director Sales Engineering
Department: Network Development
Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us–together we can build healthier communities for everyone.
Description: Unite Us is seeking an inspiring Director Sales Engineering who loves to own and drive collaborative technical engagements with prospective clients. The Director Sales Engineering provides expert direction and specialist knowledge about our technology during the sales cycle. You will be responsible for crafting program and implementation approaches that address our clients’ key business objectives while reflecting the unique capabilities and value of our platform. The ideal candidate is someone who excels at building consensus around those approaches by shepherding discussions and decision-making among both internal and external stakeholders. This role will work hand in hand with the Unite Us Network Development, Product, and Engineering teams - functioning as a valuable conduit of information and priorities between these exciting and dynamic organizations.
What You'll Do:
- Become an expert in the capabilities of the Unite Us technology platform, and use this expert knowledge to respond to technical questions, inquiries, and objections in sales discussions as well as in formal written proposals.
- Prepare and deliver demonstrations of Unite Us software platform that wow our prospective clients and leave them with an in-depth understanding of the unique value of the features and functions we provide
- Prepare and deliver presentations explaining the details of Unite Us software capabilities, integration capabilities, implementation approaches, and more - for both business and IT stakeholders
- Lead workshops and engagements with prospective customers during discovery and qualification to assess business needs and key market drivers, review technical requirements and validate the answers to qualification questions
- Design and propose approaches to solving client business needs that leverage the unique capabilities of the Unite Us platform and that are tightly aligned with the short and long-term goals of our business
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to build and secure consensus around the proposed solution design, respond to objections, and establish a shared set of expectations for program delivery
- Own the handoff of successful opportunities from sales to delivery, creating a shared foundation for success
- Build and maintain strong consultative relationships with business and technical stakeholders during the sales process
- Play a critical and active role in shaping the way that Unite Us scopes opportunities and designs solutions as the company grows rapidly. Become a key participant in product and solution roadmap planning by acting as a voice of the customer and sharing and evaluating input and requirements from our clients
- In addition to doing all of the above, the Lead Sales Engineer will be responsible for building and managing a team of like-minded sales engineers.
- A clear record of success in leading consulting-type activities, for example; ability and experience in translating client issues into effective and achievable client solutions; ability to facilitate fact-finding and active problem solving workshops; and ability to present crisply and articulate client-focused outcomes on your feet
- Demonstrated technical fluency. You can credibly engage with all levels of client IT stakeholders - from architects up to the CIO - on a wide variety of product and implementation questions.. You understand key health care technology, including EHR, care management, claims, and patient engagement software. You understand or are willing to learn about social care technology such as HMIS and AIRS classification systems. And you understand general technology concepts such as SSO, CRM, and know the difference between application and data integration techniques and when to apply them to address business requirements
- You thrive when solving difficult and complicated problems by digging in deep on the details. You like to get the process right and you document your knowledge extensively.
- You have strong verbal communication skills, can tell a good story, and you’re comfortable engaging with technical, business and executive audiences. You can prepare and deliver compelling presentations, and you can sense when to ditch the script and engage with people rather than slides
- You have demonstrated health and human services industry experience, or are willing to immerse yourself quickly in order to be able to credibly serve as an expert advisor for your clients.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, informal, team-focused environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- You are an entrepreneurial self-starter who likes the idea of helping to build new sales support approaches, tools, and business processes from scratch
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS and/or MBA
- Strong candidates may have a background in computer science, engineering and/or business administration with demonstrated technical experience
- At least 5 years of experience working on SaaS technology products in a presales, technology consulting, or an equivalent role
- At least 3 years of management and supervisory experience
- Health or Human Services industry experience preferred
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position can be located in New York or Los Angeles, or Remote, U.S.-based, excluding Colorado
- This position requires 20-40% travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.