Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us–together we can build healthier communities for everyone.
You are a jack of many trades that might be as comfortable at a Linux command line as you are in the Chrome console, vim, or your favorite IDE, know when to optimize (and when not to), and enjoy working to create scalable and maintainable product lines. You have developed a few projects on your own, but you're ready to jump into high-growth start-up and maintain and expand a current platform.
What You'll Do:
- Join a highly professional and entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly independent and willing to dive into ambiguous problems.
- Contribute to the early development of a fast-growing startup.
- Benefit from motivated and talented colleagues.
- Responsibility from day one.
- Opportunity to add your own valuable input and bring in your own ideas.
- Health insurance, plus dental and vision.
- Competitive compensation, including equity participation.
- ReactJS developer with extensive experience on advance features like routing, state management, React Hooks, Functional programming, building core components etc.
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibilities, responsiveness, and web accessibility standards.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies and applying them throughout the full development lifecycle
- Build systems that are simple and scale.
- Deeply versed in modern web technologies.
- Love of automated testing.
- Experience building RESTful API’s.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Open, communicative and like working in small teams.
- Passion for high quality.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Experience with designing applications for the cloud, extra points for Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Active contributor to open-source software.
Education and Experience
- HTML5, CSS3
- Agile methodologies, CI/CD, unit testing
- Ruby, Rails
- Postgres (or other relational databases)
- RESTful services
- Distributed systems
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.