Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us–together we can build healthier communities for everyone.
As a AWS Engineer in the Data Engineering team you will:
- Analyze and proactively determine the system needs of UU
- Install hardware and software for the network
- Administer AWS systems manager and EKS clusters
- VPN administration and access for FTEs
- Keep the systems operating efficiently by performing any necessary upgrades and repairs
- Design a strategy to maintain system security on the computers and the network as a whole
- Optimize and evaluate the system on regular cadence for vulnerabilities
- Assign and update security permissions for the system network
- Performing problem-solving tasks when alerted by a user or monitoring system
- Assist in troubleshooting issues, support the operation of production software
- At least 5 years’ experience in AWS
- Experience with software deployment and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and
- Experience in other AWS technology like Lambda, EC2, System Manager, SQS, IAM, EKS, Redshift, NGInx Ingress,
Jypyterhub and Airflow
- Experience in troubleshooting and system administration tasks in Linux or Unix
- Experience in networking, coordination, and service discovery
- Experience supporting database or datastores e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, S3, Neo4j, ElasticCache
- Experience in distributed message queues such as AWS Kinesis or Kafka
- Experience in security fundamentals
- Experience in highly regulated industries require sophisticated permission and account management
- Experience developing and managing microservice and API solutions.
- Experience in implementing API Traffic Management and security policies.
- Experience with non-relational, NoSQL databases and various data-storage systems
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.