Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
Unite Us seeks an experienced, multi-faceted Data Scientist, to be a part of our Data Analytics team. Unite Us brings health care and social services together into a single, integrated network. We believe the network creates value beyond the sum of its parts, and our data science mission is to measure and enhance that impact. The ideal Data Scientist candidate will combine thorough understanding of both descriptive and predictive analytics and will have the skills necessary to communicate the value of that work to both internal and external stakeholders.
The Data Analytics team supports functions across Unite Us including Product, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success and Marketing. Deliverables will be both client-facing and internal and will range from client reporting, to impact analysis, to predictive modeling. The Data Scientist needs to be a strong team player, as well as influencer within the company and beyond. This position combines a unique blend of leadership and practical quantitative output. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a person who loves numbers, has strong business acumen and communication skills, and is a born change-maker.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify data benchmarks and social care ROI that can be leveraged across the company - you will be supporting Sales, Marketing and Customer Success
- Develop predictive analytics capabilities by identifying and leveraging both internal and external data sources and creating tools that support referral decision-making, calculate risk scores and identify client needs.
- Transform data captured by our health systems partners to power the Unite Us platform by identifying key insights.
- Partner with Business Development, Product and Engineering to understand our partners and the health and social care data landscape.
- This role provides a unique opportunity to be part of the founding team focused on social data expansion across the country; helping health systems, health plans and CBOs realize their SDOH data strategy.
- 3+ years experience with modern programming languages (Python, R, SQL) and tools/libraries (pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, etc) used in data science.
- Robust understanding of the statistical foundation of machine learning and experience with experiment design and causal inference.
- Comfort with geospatial analysis techniques.
- Experience scaling work from R&D to a production predictive pipeline built on a modern stack.
- Experience with healthcare data and analytics is preferred.
- You're a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You love numbers, and have an orientation to find practical solutions to complex problems
- You like to teach others, have strong communication skills and experience briefing leadership on outcomes and recommendations
- You are flexible and excited to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving needs
- You have a passion for working with data and understanding how it can be turned into products.
- You have a "get it done" mentality, self-motivated and comfortable with ambiguity
- You thrive in a cross-functional environment, and enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse team of individuals with different backgrounds and skill sets
- You are a strong communicator with an ability to adapt communication style across stakeholders, both internal and external, with varying levels of seniority
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of work experience in Analytics or Data Science, including experience managing teams. Growth company experience is highly preferred.
- Experience working with health data, or in a healthcare related field preferred.
- Degree in quantitative field such as statistics, computer science, math, data science. Advanced degree preferred.
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is New York or Remote, U.S.-based, excluding Colorado
- This position requires 10% travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.