Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
Unite US is looking for a senior Ruby on Rails Developer to work with our Core Platform team to push our product line forward. We want a passionate person with OO programming skills and experience with large-scale products who is excited about building a standard in new media.
You are a jack of many trades that might be as comfortable at a Linux command line as you are in the Chrome console, vim, or your favorite IDE, know when to optimize (and when not to), and enjoy working to create scalable and maintainable product lines. You like to focus on simple but effective solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Join a highly professional and entrepreneurial environment.
- Contribute to the early development of a fast growing startup.
- Benefit from motivated and talented colleagues.
- Responsibility from day one.
- Take ownership of software solutions.
- Committed to being a good human.
- Always aim for affecting big improvements in the world.
- Opportunity to add your own valuable input and bring in your own ideas.
- Health insurance, plus dental and vision.
- Competitive compensation, including equity participation.
- At least 6 - 8 Yrs of experience in full stack web development.
- Experience in writing comprehensive unit, functional and acceptance tests using automated testing frameworks.
- Build systems that are simple and scale.
- Deeply versed in modern web technologies.
- Command of modern programming language, Ruby preferred.
- Strong believer in the power of convention and simplicity with Ruby on Rails.
- Love of automated testing.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Open, communicative and like working in small teams.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Passion for high quality.
- Experience with designing applications for the cloud, extra points for Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Active contributor to open source software.
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
Education and Experience:
- React (or another JS framework)
- CSS3, JSON
- Ruby, Rails
- Postgres (or other relational databases)
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is based in New York or Remote (US Based)
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.