# Who we are
As a new industry alternative for independent artists, UnitedMasters provides premium music distribution services and facilitates unique partnerships between artists and the world’s biggest brands. We enable artists to maintain full ownership over their master recording rights while introducing them to millions of new fans worldwide through our direct brand partnerships.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Instagram, Dropbox, Complex, VICE and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation.
# What's the role?
UnitedMasters is searching for a product designer with end -to-end experience. You will bring your experience and excitement for creating stunning visuals, interactions, animations, iconography and typography to our product design team. A deep understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and previous experience in mobile app design is a must.
Essential Responsibilities You’ll Own
- Champion visual and interactive design.
- Collaborate closely with partners across Product and Marketing to create stunning on-brand visual designs, graphics, interactions, and animations.
- Define product design system across iOS, Android and Web
- Stay informed on the latest UI and UX design trends.
- Be the first to download, research and have an educated opinion on new apps and trends.
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
# Who are we looking for?
You are results and bottom-line oriented, yet will possess deep appreciation and sensitivity towards people, culture, and values. You are “thick-skinned” and persistent, but at the same time diplomatic and politically aware. You are personable, smart, passionate, and optimistic. You possess a deeply pro-active, hands-on mentality. You hold yourself accountable and take great pride in your work – just like us. We’re proudly diverse in our backgrounds, our accents, and our fiercely held personal passions. We are, in every sense of the word, independent, and not beholden to anyone else’s agenda. So are you.
# What will set you up for success
- Proven experience with mobile design for Android, iOS and/or Web applications.
- Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design.
- Expert in Adobe Premiere, as well as the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You take and give design feedback well.
- You are eager to work on a cross functional tiger team with product, engineering and marketing.
- Skilled at transitions, animation, motion design and dynamic interaction a plus
- Strong portfolio showing design work, especially visual and interactive design for mobile applications.
About Translation Enterprises
Translation Enterprises, composed of Translation LLC and UnitedMasters, is a minority-owned marketing and technology company empowering brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences at scale through a unique mix of actionable insights, technology, and storytelling.
Translation was founded on the power of culture to propel discourses, trends, and movements - and more importantly, be the most unapologetic determinant of what is relevant. For over 15 years, Translation has partnered with brands and creators to build and grow disruptive platforms that foster deeper community engagement. This experience has given us unparalleled insight into the dynamics of culture and affinities that link people together. Backed by Alphabet, Andreessen Horowitz, and 21st Century Fox, we are reimagining how brands and artists tell their stories, create value, and push culture forward
**Along with your resume, please submit a digital copy and/or personal web link to your portfolio