UNITEDMASTERS - DISTRIBUTION OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
New York, NY // Full-Time
# Who are we?
As a new industry alternative for independent artists, UnitedMasters provides premium music distribution services and facilitates unique partnerships between artists and the world’s biggest brands. We enable artists to maintain full ownership over their master recording rights while introducing them to millions of new fans worldwide through our direct brand partnerships.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Facebook, Dropbox, Complex, VICE and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation.
- Provide superlative support to artists, handling a significant volume of inquiries with poise and professionalism
- Review releases uploaded to UnitedMasters, ensuring compliance with our partners’ formatting and quality guidelines
- Create and maintain accurate and engaging documentation for our internal and external knowledge bases
- Utilize in-house and third party tools to efficiently resolve technical issues
- Be an expert on UnitedMasters’ products and services, and act as a resource for artists and colleagues
- Candidly share feedback and insights to drive improvements in how we serve artists
- 1-2 years of experience working in customer service and/or quality assurance, preferably in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to learn and grow
- Passion for all things music and culture
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Experience using customer service ticketing systems (such as Zendesk) is a plus
- Familiarity with music metadata is a plus