# Who we are
As a new industry alternative for independent artists, UnitedMasters provides premium music distribution services and facilitates unique partnerships between artists and the world’s biggest brands. We enable artists to maintain full ownership over their master recording rights while introducing them to millions of new fans worldwide through our direct brand partnerships.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Instagram, Dropbox, Complex, VICE and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation.
# What's the role?
In this role you will work closely with engineering, design and business teams to create the ideal user experience for our artists. Your focus will be on improving features that get artists paid and distributed. You will:
- Write persuasive well thought out discussion docs for future features.
- Build product specifications; work with design, marketing and engineering to launch new features.
- Work with Stripe, Google Play Billing and Apple In App Purchases.
- Product manage the development of new internal tools within our cms.
- Lead improvements to our growing music distribution platform.
# Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a killer team player who loves music and tech..
You have experience:
- Researching problem spaces, debating solutions and getting buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Balancing new features with maintenance and technical debt.
- Documenting requirements, and managing workflow (ideally using JIRA/Confluence)
- Working with third party APIs and SDKs, and discussing technical problems with engineers and other stakeholders.
- Launching features from start to finish.
- Bonus points if you have experience in paying out streaming royalties to artists
You are results oriented, yet will possess deep appreciation and sensitivity towards people, culture, and values. You are “thick-skinned” and persistent, but at the same time diplomatic and politically aware. You are personable, smart, passionate, and optimistic. You possess a deeply pro-active, hands-on mentality. You hold yourself accountable and take great pride in your work – just like us. We’re proudly diverse in our backgrounds, our accents, and our fiercely held personal passions. We are, in every sense of the word, independent, and not beholden to anyone else’s agenda. So are you.
About Translation Enterprises
Translation Enterprises, composed of Translation LLC and UnitedMasters, is a minority-owned marketing and technology company empowering brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences at scale through a unique mix of actionable insights, technology, and storytelling.
Translation was founded on the power of culture to propel discourses, trends, and movements - and more importantly, be the most unapologetic determinant of what is relevant. For over 15 years, Translation has partnered with brands and creators to build and grow disruptive platforms that foster deeper community engagement. This experience has given us unparalleled insight into the dynamics of culture and affinities that link people together. Backed by Alphabet, Andreessen Horowitz, and 21st Century Fox, we are reimagining how brands and artists tell their stories, create value, and push culture forward.