# Who we are
As a new industry alternative for independent artists, UnitedMasters provides premium music distribution services and facilitates unique partnerships between artists and the world’s biggest brands. We enable artists to maintain full ownership over their master recording rights while introducing them to millions of new fans worldwide through our direct brand partnerships.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Instagram, Dropbox, Complex, VICE and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation.
# What's the role?
UnitedMasters is looking for a systems-thinking Product Manager with a strong technical background to help lead the future of our platform.
In this role you will work closely with engineering, design and business teams to build scalable infrastructure that helps millions of creators share their music and get paid. You will:
- Write persuasive discussion docs where your research and system thinking outline a clear path forward.
- Build and champion a roadmap of features that move the needle.
- Write detailed product specs.
- Manage scaling and optimization of our payments and music distribution platform.
# Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a killer team player who loves music and tech..
Three must-haves to be successful in this role:
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Proven ability to spec complex technical systems and lead cross functional teams to launch them.
- Customer obsession.
Skills / Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in product management, launching features from start to finish.
- Strong technical skills and ability to explain complex systems that you’ve built or managed. Experience as an engineer is a plus.
- Proven experience translating big, ambiguous problems into clear plans.
- SQL proficiency.
- You know how to make tradeoffs between speed, scale, and cost.
- Documenting requirements, and managing workflow (ideally using JIRA/Confluence).
- Working with third party APIs and SDKs, and discussing technical problems with engineers and other stakeholders.
Nice to Have:
- You have built a web app (HTML + API) before, even as a hobby.
- Bonus points if you have experience paying out revenue to creators.
You are results oriented, yet will possess deep appreciation and sensitivity towards people, culture, and values. You are “thick-skinned” and persistent, but at the same time diplomatic and politically aware. You are personable, smart, passionate, and optimistic. You possess a deeply pro-active, hands-on mentality. You hold yourself accountable and take great pride in your work – just like us. We’re proudly diverse in our backgrounds, our accents, and our fiercely held personal passions. We are, in every sense of the word, independent, and not beholden to anyone else’s agenda. So are you.
About Translation Enterprises
Translation Enterprises, composed of Translation LLC and UnitedMasters, is a minority-owned marketing and technology company empowering brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences at scale through a unique mix of actionable insights, technology, and storytelling.
Translation was founded on the power of culture to propel discourses, trends, and movements - and more importantly, be the most unapologetic determinant of what is relevant. For over 15 years, Translation has partnered with brands and creators to build and grow disruptive platforms that foster deeper community engagement. This experience has given us unparalleled insight into the dynamics of culture and affinities that link people together. Backed by Alphabet, Andreessen Horowitz, and 21st Century Fox, we are reimagining how brands and artists tell their stories, create value, and push culture forward.