# Who we are
As a new industry alternative for independent artists, UnitedMasters provides premium music distribution services and facilitates unique partnerships between artists and the world’s biggest brands. We enable artists to maintain full ownership over their master recording rights while introducing them to millions of new fans worldwide through our direct brand partnerships.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers and storytellers with backgrounds from Beats, Apple, YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation.
# What's the role
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who helps deliver the quality and performance of large scale, big data, multi-platform software products that includes; web, API and mobile application interfaces. You are an experienced, hands on and self-motivated engineering lead who can work collaboratively in a continuous integration environment.
Essential Responsibilities You’ll Own
- Design and delivers automaton and automation framework for products with a quality mindset
- You’ll produce high-quality results by contributing heavily to team projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- You’ll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Participates in API and GraphQL design practices, identifying gaps in standards adherence, service lifecycle management and contributing to actual ESB governance.
- Continuously maintains existing regression test suite/framework which addresses functional and non-functional requirements set against a large web service catalogue of web services architecture.
- Will lead a small test team by managing workload, assigning tasks to lower level engineering personnel, and providing them with technical support.
- Create end-to-end, integration automation (API and UI) with complex orgs
- Monitor product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
- Works closely with senior developers, PM, and UI/UX to ensure their features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements
# Who are we looking for?
- Experience with automation (UI and Backend)
- Grasp of Object Oriented Programming
- Familiar with industry quality & usability practices
- Proficient in writing functional automation (UI/API)
- Self-motivator, who can work independently, able to learn quickly, meets deadlines and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner and ability to coordinate cross-team efforts
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with developer tools like git, Maven and Eclipse IDE
Nice to have
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent education/experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of software engineering, quality assurance/engineering, usability, or business analysis experience
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- Experience with cloud platforms / technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Experience building API documentation portals and using API specification standards such as OpenAPI / Swagger.
- Experience using API Integration test suites such as SoapUI/ReadyAPI and Postman.
- 4+ years software development experience specializing in backend, platform, or infrastructure development in Java, C++ , etc.
- Strong database knowledge. Knows SQL and NoSQL as well as when to use each.
- Good knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Can take ambiguous requirements in complex domains and distill them down into actionable tasks.
About Translation Enterprises
Translation Enterprises, composed of Translation LLC and UnitedMasters, is a minority-owned marketing and technology company empowering brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences at scale through a unique mix of actionable insights, technology, and storytelling.
Translation was founded on the power of culture to propel discourses, trends, and movements - and more importantly, be the most unapologetic determinant of what is relevant. For over 15 years, Translation has partnered with brands and creators to build and grow disruptive platforms that foster deeper community engagement. This experience has given us unparalleled insight into the dynamics of culture and affinities that link people together. Backed by Alphabet, Andreessen Horowitz, and 21st Century Fox, we are reimagining how brands and artists tell their stories, create value, and push culture forward