As a new industry alternative for independent artists, UnitedMasters provides premium music distribution services and facilitates unique partnerships between artists and the world's biggest brands. We enable artists to maintain full ownership over their master recording rights while introducing them to millions of new fans worldwide through our direct brand partnerships.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers and storytellers with backgrounds from Beats, Apple, YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our growing API team. You will be responsible for helping to build new APIs and supporting features for our ever growing UI teams, and create backend solutions for new application features.
What you will be doing
- You'll brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers, Platform, and UI Engineers on your team to conceptualize and build new features for our growing user base of artists.
- You’ll produce high-quality results by contributing heavily to team projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- You’ll actively own team features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
- You'll assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues.
- You’ll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What you should have
- You’ve been building scalable API applications professionally for 2+ years.
- Have designed and built web applications and possess expertise in related concepts like web services, SOA (GraphQL, REST, gRPC, Thrift) and API design.
- You have experience with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- You can contribute to technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You have a bias for quality APIs, developer experience and clear documentation.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- Have great ideas, and can run with them to produce great results.
Nice to have
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent education/experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- Experience with cloud platforms / technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Strong working knowledge in Docker and containerization.
- Experience building API documentation portals and using API specification standards such as OpenAPI / Swagger.
- Experience using API Integration test suites such as SoapUI/ReadyAPI and Postman.
- 4+ years software development experience specializing in backend, platform, or infrastructure development in Java, C++ , etc.
- Strong database knowledge. Knows SQL and NoSQL as well as when to use each.
- Good knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Can take ambiguous requirements in complex domains and distill them down into actionable tasks.