About the Role
We're looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our Investigations team at Unit21. Our team's mission starts where the automated flagging system ends; we support the human element of investigation, and enabling adaptable optimization of the reviewing process. We do this by powering a best-in-class, customizable investigation platform that's used to review suspected money laundering incidents, verify the identity of users on social media platforms, and more.
As an Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to wear multiple hats as a leader and as a contributor. You'll be expected to support your team in adapting to a rapidly scaling engineering organization, help identify and address problems before they grow too large, and insert yourself where necessary to fill the gaps while hiring the right people to help.
Our engineering team is low process and high autonomy - we emphasize product decision-making and prioritization by folks who own the work. As a result, you'll be expected to plug into the company holistically, and ensure your team has the necessary information to make strong decisions. Additionally, you'll have a significant say in what your team works on, and will be expected to prioritize the most meaningful work for the company. Members of our engineering org are curious, humble, and focused on execution; if you embody these qualities and want to surrounded by like-minded people, this is the place for you.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years leading full-stack engineering teams
- Expertise building full-stack web applications
- A strong product sense and feel for UX/UI
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices such as unit testing and code reviews, design, and documentation
- Experience with Agile software development
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Professional experience with Typescript, Redux, Sagas, Sass and Jest
- Professional experience with Python, Flask, Sqlalchemy, and Postgres
Unit21 is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all to apply, even if you do not meet each requirement above. We are building a diverse, inclusive workforce and hope you will join us!
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and pre-IPO stock options
- 100% company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance (for employee)
- Optional HSA and FSA medical reimbursement accounts
- Unlimited paid time off
- Leave programs for life events
- $300 per year charity matching
- Great office space in the San Francisco Financial District
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness Bundle: One Medical, Headspace, Gympass and Carrot
- Happy hours and team-building events
- A great company culture with a strong emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion
Unit21 protects businesses against adversaries engaging in money laundering, fraud, and other sophisticated risks by offering a no-code toolset to model, detect, and remediate suspicious activity. Our customers range from large Fortune 500 companies to high-potential, pre-launch startups. In 2020, customers uncovered over $80m in laundered money using our software.
We are an early-stage startup, well-funded by Google and other leading VCs, and growing rapidly. Our team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to empower companies to define a new method of dealing with suspicious activity on their platforms.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Unit21 is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.