About the role
We're looking for an experienced Fullstack Engineer to join our team at Unit21. You will be driving new features from end-to-end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration to help our customers fight crime. We have a highly customizable interface, and ingest a high quantity of data (up to 2 million transactions/second), leading to challenging technical problems and complex product decisions. The ideal candidate will have experience working cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering to tackle tough design and product problems.
As a Fullstack engineer at Unit21, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects. This includes workflow automation, role-based access control, case management, integrating with the government to report fraud, powering on-demand identity verifications for new user sign-ups, and much more. You may work on a customizable insights dashboard, which requires well thought out UI and pre-computation due to our large dataset, or interactive graphical link analysis to identity patterns of suspicious activity. Ultimately, you'll be a swiss army knife that can tackle any bug, implement any feature, and help our customers get more value of the product, making a direct impact on catching the bad guys.
Our engineering team is low process and high autonomy - we emphasize product decision-making and prioritization by folks who own the work. As a result, you'll be expected to get familiar with how the product works, get into the mindset of the customer, and influence the decisions made regarding what you build. Additionally, you'll have a significant say in what you work on, and will be expected to prioritize the most meaningful work for the company. Members of our engineering org are curious, humble, and focused on execution; if you embody these qualities and want to surrounded by like-minded people, this is the place for you.
What we're looking for:
- Professional experience building web applications, implementing key features across the stack.
- A strong product sense and feel for design, UX/UI.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve.
- Ability to write readable and testable code.
- Ability to work independently and has strong debugging skills.
- Familiar with software engineering best practices such as unit testing and code reviews, design, and documentation
- Understanding and experience with RESTful APIs and client server interactions
- Proficiency with React or Vue.js
- Proficiency server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, and Java.
- Professional experience with Typescript, Redux, Sagas, Sass and Jest
- Professional experience with Python, Flask, Sqlalchemy, and Postgres
- Experience in rotational on call schedule to support P0 issues"
Unit21 is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all to apply, even if you do not meet each requirement above. We are building a diverse, inclusive workforce and hope you will join us!
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and pre-IPO stock options
- 100% company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance (for employee)
- Optional HSA and FSA medical reimbursement accounts
- Unlimited paid time off
- Leave programs for life events
- $300 per year charity matching
- Great office space in the San Francisco Financial District
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness Bundle: One Medical, Headspace, Gympass and Carrot
- Happy hours and team-building events
- A great company culture with a strong emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion
Unit21 protects businesses against adversaries engaging in money laundering, fraud, and other sophisticated risks by offering a no-code toolset to model, detect, and remediate suspicious activity. Our customers range from large Fortune 500 companies to high-potential, pre-launch startups. In 2020, customers uncovered over $80m in laundered money using our software.
We are an early-stage startup, well-funded by Google and other leading VCs, and growing rapidly. Our team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to empower companies to define a new method of dealing with suspicious activity on their platforms.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Unit21 is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.