About the Role
We are looking for our Head of Marketing at Unit21. We’re building a set of no-code tools that enables non-technical risk and compliance teams to run complex logic without having a Computer Science education. The result of greater empowerment means that the tools that were historically controlled by engineers can now be available to the actual business user, enabling them to do their best work. We have seen great results in decreased fraud losses and lower false positives for several financial institutions.
We are looking for a product-oriented marketing leader to build out our marketing function with sharp data insights. The ideal leader should have meaningful product marketing experience combined with being extremely data-driven. The candidate will have the tenacity, creativity and boldness to transition Unit21 from a Series A company with 50+ customers to thousands of customers around the world. The Unit21 Head of Marketing will set product messaging and strategy, lead demand generation, and be responsible for key pipeline metrics.
As Head of Marketing, you will build out a strategy to drive Unit21’s awareness and drive demand for Unit21’s platform. You will recruit and lead a high-performance team, and drive the overall strategy for demand generation, product marketing, brand, and developer evangelism functions. In this role:
What you will be doing:
- Lead, mentor, inspire and grow a team of marketers responsible for our pipeline, demand generation, user retention, product marketing, brand, and PR
- Establish demand generation best practices, owning accountability for and managing the top and mid-funnel lead routing, nurturing, and retention strategies, and ensure delivery of pipeline and leads to support our aggressive growth goals
- Develop, communicate, and execute Unit21’s marketing strategy and plan, both near and long-term
- Set current and long-term goals for direct reports and supporting functions
- Effectively lead across functional boundaries, ensuring alignment on the goals and objectives
- Drive awareness for Unit21
- Represent Unit21 at relevant industry events including speaking, sponsorship, and exhibiting opportunities
What We're Looking For:
Our Head of Marketing will need to balance their time between being hands-on at the project level and working with our executive team on strategy. As our ideal candidate, you'll have a strong track record of delivering business results as a hands-on Marketing IC, as well as a strong track record of stewarding a high-performing team as a people manager.
Additionally, you'll be able to demonstrate experience with the following:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing leadership roles, including experience scaling a team through high growth at a growing B2B SaaS company, with a proven record of achieving significant results
- You have deep product marketing and/or demand generation experience and have led teams of 5+ marketers across a variety of disciplines
- Significant experience in B2B technology marketing (preferably analytics platforms and/or fintech) with a solid understanding of the ecosystem and technical audiences we serve
- Proven track record in leading new brand positioning, new brand campaigns, activation programs and copy to market from a total company perspective
- Track record of managing a high dollar budget annually with excellent performance metrics
- Ability to aggressively prioritize the few things that have the biggest impact
- Love of analytics and a proven track record of analyzing campaign performance and identifying actionable insights to achieve your key metrics
Unit21 is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all to apply, even if you do not meet each requirement above. We are building a diverse, inclusive workforce and hope you will join us!
What we can offer you:
Competitive salary and pre-IPO stock options
100% company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance (for employee)
Optional HSA and FSA medical reimbursement accounts
Unlimited paid time off
Generous leave programs for life events
Annual Learning & Development stipend
One-time Home office set-up stipend
Happy hours and team-building events
Great office space in the San Francisco Financial District
Fully stocked kitchen
Lunch and dinner provided in SF office at least 3x per week
A great company culture with a strong emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion
Unit21 stops bad actors by leveraging data to deliver justice and safety in the world. We protect businesses against adversaries engaging in money laundering, fraud, and other sophisticated risks by offering no-code infrastructure to model, detect, and remediate suspicious activity. Our customers range from large Fortune 500 companies to high-potential, pre-launch startups. We have reported over USD $2 billion in fraud and laundered money to the US government using our software.
We are a rapidly growing Series C startup, having raised close to $100m from Google, Tiger Global, ICONIQ Capital, Jack Dorsey, Diane Greene, and other leading VCs. Our team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to empower companies to define a new standard of eliminating bad behavior on their platforms.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Unit21 is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
*Remote work limited to the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York. North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington.*