About the role
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) in Unit21, you will be filling a mission-critical role ensuring that our systems are healthy, monitored, automated, fault tolerant and designed to scale. You will collaborate and work closely with other engineering teams to continually improve our production services, facilitating fast delivery of new products, and reducing downtime. Site Reliability Engineers utilize automation, continuous monitoring, tools and solid engineering principles to optimize existing systems, build infrastructure and eliminate operational work.
Our engineering team is low process and high autonomy - we emphasize decision-making and prioritization by folks who own the work. As a result, you'll be expected to get familiar with how the product works, get into the mindset of the customer, and influence the decisions made regarding what you build. Additionally, you'll have a significant say in what you work on, and will be expected to prioritize the most meaningful work for the company. Members of our engineering org are curious, humble, and focused on execution; if you embody these qualities and want to surrounded by like-minded people, this is the place for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Deep dive into learning and understanding the mechanism of every application component, and promoting product scalability, stability and performance
- Setup, manage and maintain Unit21 product/middleware/big-data applications and services
- Continuous delivery, performance fine-tuning and troubleshooting
What we're looking for:
- A strong curiosity for the unknown and not stopping until you have a solid understanding of the underlying problem
- The ability to partner and collaborate cross functionally across an engineering organization
- Detailed-oriented, cautious and prudent
- At least 3 years of experience in a DevOps/SRE or equivalent role
- Excellent troubleshooting skills across the stack
- Familiarity with container technologies & high availability systems
- Extensive and hands-on knowledge with Linux operating system (Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the programming languages: Bash, Python, Go
- Automation & monitoring tools (Github Actions, Grafana)
- Cloud-native environments (AWS, GCP, Azure + Terraform)
- At least 5 years of overall experience in a technical organization
- A successful track record of troubleshooting and stabilizing distributed systems during service incidents while remaining level-headed
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and pre-IPO stock options
- 100% company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance (for employee)
- Optional HSA and FSA medical reimbursement accounts
- Unlimited paid time off
- Leave programs for life events
- Great office space in the San Francisco Financial District
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Commuter benefits
- Weekly meal stipend
- Happy hours and team-building events
- A great company culture with a strong emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion
Unit21 protects businesses against adversaries engaging in money laundering, fraud, and other sophisticated risks by offering a no-code toolset to model, detect, and remediate suspicious activity. Our customers range from large Fortune 500 companies to high-potential, pre-launch startups. In 2020, customers uncovered over $80m in laundered money using our software.
We are an early-stage startup, well-funded by Google and other leading VCs, and growing rapidly. Our team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to empower companies to define a new method of dealing with suspicious activity on their platforms.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Unit21 is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.