In early 2022 Unispace acquired BioPharma Engineering (BPE) to further develop its passion to support the Life Sciences industry with market-leading design engineering, project management, and workplace/lab consultancy. At Unispace Life Sciences they are focused on engaging the most talented and passionate professionals who believe that everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance, and delivers wellbeing. Across their 50+ global studios, they have a positive work environment that fosters open, collaborative, and supportive cultures populated by highly independent and motivated people. As one of the leading engineering design and project management firms in the industry, Unispace offers a full complement of services including strategy development, design, and construction of laboratories and workplaces focused on Life Sciences.
BPE is delighted to be recruiting for a global-leading pharmaceutical company based in Cork for a Construction Supervisor to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be overseeing the construction of projects and monitor activities at worksites ensuring all trades work together to deliver quality to meet deadlines while adhering to health and safety regulations at all times. This is an initial 12-month Contract, with a competitive hourly rate.
- Perform equipment, material, and routine site inspections.
- Schedule regular meetings with venders, site inspectors, managers, and staff.
- Write up reports, budgets, project plans, and presenting them to relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with Design houses and other professionals.
- Stay up to date with safety codes and advancements in construction.
- Meet construction budget by monitoring project expenditures.
- Approve construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases.
- Ability to work with cross functional groups to develop contracts.
- Strong focus/understanding in site safety
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or engineering is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in reviewing MSRA’s and Issuing Permit essential.
- 10 years + experience in the construction industry with experience in a leadership role an advantage.
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy