In early 2022 Unispace acquired BioPharma Engineering (BPE) to further develop its passion to support the Life Sciences industry with market-leading design engineering, project management, and workplace/lab consultancy. At Unispace Life Sciences they are focused on engaging the most talented and passionate professionals who believe that everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance, and delivers wellbeing. Across their 50+ global studios, they have a positive work environment that fosters open, collaborative, and supportive cultures populated by highly independent and motivated people. As one of the leading engineering design and project management firms in the industry, Unispace offers a full complement of services including strategy development, design, and construction of laboratories and workplaces focused on Life Sciences.
Applications are open for our 2023 Graduate Programme!
We are looking for driven individuals to join our 2-year rotational programme who are eager to learn, grow, work hard and are passionate about the future of Pharma. The key to our continued success in providing professional engineering and project controls services is the quality of our people. We employ the best and we invest significantly in their training and development. As a Unispace Life Science team member, we will help you grow and develop your career to its full potential.
Our Graduate Programme consists of:
- Training in and exposure to complex life science design projects
- Ongoing Learning and career development opportunities
- Mentoring & Coaching
- On-site placement
We deliver complex projects to 7 of the world’s top 10 pharmaceutical companies as well as other leading industry establishments – this is your opportunity to get hands-on diverse experience and get an opportunity to learn and develop your skills across a wide scope of the design project lifecycle.
Why work with Unispace Life Sciences:
- Hands-on experience and exposure in working with market-leader pharmaceutical clients across innovative and exciting design projects
- Continuous investment in training and leadership development programmes
- Assigned Mentorship and Guidance by Senior QS
- Pension Fund
- Paid Annual Leave
- Travel Opportunities – work out of any of our 48 offices globally!
- Hybrid and Flexi working
- Sports and Social Club
- Competitive salary
We are looking to recruit a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join our Cork office team. This role provides an opportunity to develop and expand your QS skills as part of a multi-discipline, highly experienced project controls team. This will be as part of our two-year graduate programme.
You will be involved in supporting the project controls team for New-Build and Refurbishment Projects primarily for the Bio-Pharmaceutical Process Industry.
- Supporting the Senior QS and wider project controls team on the following.
- Preparing budget estimates
- Contract Administration
- Interim Valuations
- Final account negotiation
- Cost reporting
- Variation monitoring
- Tender preparation
- Tender review/analysis
- Attend site/client/design meetings
- Liaising with the site management team
- Involved in multiple projects, you will be primarily office based but required to visit the site in the process of fulfilling the QS role, initially with Senior QS
- Liaising with various design disciplines to achieve deliverables
The individual we are seeking will possess the following:
- Degree/Higher Diploma in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, or associated area.
- Proactive and a good communicator with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy.
If you have any questions regarding our Graduate Programme or roles: email firstname.lastname@example.org