In early 2022 Unispace acquired BioPharma Engineering (BPE) to further develop its passion to support the Life Sciences industry with market-leading design engineering, project management, and workplace/lab consultancy. At Unispace Life Sciences they are focused on engaging the most talented and passionate professionals who believe that everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance, and delivers wellbeing. Across their 50+ global studios, they have a positive work environment that fosters open, collaborative, and supportive cultures populated by highly independent and motivated people. As one of the leading engineering design and project management firms in the industry, Unispace offers a full complement of services including strategy development, design, and construction of laboratories and workplaces focused on Life Sciences.
We are currently looking for a Associate Director of Process Engineering to support and provide input to our senior leadership team. This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding and sustainably growing business, get involved in our exciting portfolio of challenging and innovative upcoming and existing projects. The successful candidate will take a leadership position as a Department Manager role and Associate Director of a growing business. This role will report directly to the Head of Engineering, leading and directing the Process Department (15 + engineers who are office-based).
The Associate Director of Process Engineering will lead and direct the Process Department of 15+ engineers, office-based and will be responsible for the following:
- Manages team resource planning, project assignment, recruitment & performance reviews
- Provides Technical input and direction to projects team
- Supports team Learning & Development, mentoring and training
- Ensures teams adherence to Quality & Procedural Standards
- Maintains and develops internal engineering standards and procedures
- Contributes to continuous improvement within the Department and across the business
- Supports and assists in Business Development Activities.
- 10 + years of leading design projects, preferably with in-house design consultancy experience within pharmaceutical industry
- You will be suitably qualified and will have a recognized third level degree in chemical process engineering and already have proven your ability to successfully manage the delivery of process designs for pharmaceutical projects.
- You will be energetic and dynamic with excellent people management, interpersonal and communication skills to operate within a project delivery environment.
- This role can be a staff or contract position
- Competitive salary
- Pension Fund
- Paid Holiday Leave (Staff only)
- Travel Opportunities – work out of any of our 48 offices globally
- Hybrid & Flexible working AND Half days on Friday
- Working on multiple diverse projects across life sciences both in Ireland and globally
- Sports and Social Club