In early 2022 Unispace acquired BioPharma Engineering (BPE) to further develop its passion to support the Life Sciences industry with market-leading design engineering, project management, and workplace/lab consultancy. At Unispace Life Sciences they are focused on engaging the most talented and passionate professionals who believe that everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance, and delivers wellbeing. Across their 50+ global studios, they have a positive work environment that fosters open, collaborative, and supportive cultures populated by highly independent and motivated people. As one of the leading engineering design and project management firms in the industry, Unispace offers a full complement of services including strategy development, design, and construction of laboratories and workplaces focused on Life Sciences.
We are seeking an experienced Lead E&I Engineer to join our growing team. The Lead E&I Engineer will be working as an integral part of a multi-discipline project engineering team based out of our HQ offices in Cork. The successful candidate will have full autonomy to grow and develop the role. Attractive remuneration package, supportive team and colleagues and a long term opportunity for career growth in the company’s expansion. This position will play a key role in the Company’s expansion and growth. They will report to the E&I Department Manager.
- Responsible for the E&I design as part of a multi discipline project engineering team
- Produce control panel wiring diagrams and electrical schematics
- LV electrical design, including MCCs, distribution boards, cable systems etc
- Cable selection and sizing
- Instrumentation loop wiring design
- Generation of I/O Lists
- Generating detailed scope of works for E&I contractor for tender / procurement process
- Preparation of E&I construction deliverables including cable schedules, hook up drawings, cable block diagrams, electrical layout drawings etc.
- Participate in Constructability and Safety reviews
- Perform Site Surveys
- Manage a workload of multiple E&I projects of varying complexity
- A recognized Third-level Degree in a relevant Instrumentation Engineering discipline
- Proven experience successfully managing the delivery of designs for pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology projects
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multi-discipline project-delivery environment
- Ambition to grow and develop within a thriving high-growth organisation where client service and individual excellence is paramount
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Competitive salary
- Pension Fund
- Paid Holiday Leave
- Travel Opportunities – work out of any of our 48 offices globally
- Hybrid & Flexible working AND Half days on Friday
- Exposure to exciting and challenging design projects across the pharma industry
- Contribute individually to a wider team, this role offers ownership and leadership during a phase of growth
- The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain excellent experience with the potential for personal growth and career advancement in a team oriented and supportive work environment.
- Sports and Social Club