Are you passionate about real estate? Fascinated by investment management? Interested in FinTech? If your answer is yes to any of the above, then Unison is the place for you!
If you’re an experienced QA Automation Engineer who is seeking an environment where you can take ownership of projects while being supported by your fellow engineers, you could be a great fit for our Engineering Team. On this team, culture comes first and you value the ability to ask questions, make mistakes to learn, provide ideas and get feedback, and work towards a common goal as a team. As an engineer, you pride yourself in your attention to details and creativity when building solutions. You’re self-motivated by learning opportunities, and the ability to develop automated testing that enables our company and mission.
Our mission of enabling home ownership means as much to you as it does to us. You seek a challenge that requires creative thinking, and rewards inspired thought and effort in building something great. You enjoy working across teams, projects, and personalities, and pitching in to help others when you see an opportunity. You thrive in a culture that embraces intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and deep empathy for the customer, whether that customer is internal or external to the company. Finally, building something new is exciting to you. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seize.
The Quality Engineer will help build out our automated testing. The QE is experienced with exercising best practices and implementing creative testing with web sites, services, and CRM applications designed for customers, partners, and business users. As part of a rapidly growing organization, this position will be involved in all aspects of the development life cycle for internal business systems, customer facing websites, and the services that sit in between. The QE will participate in defining our QA processes and help develop our automation strategy. The position requires close collaboration with business stakeholders and engineers.
- Design, create, document, and maintain test plans and test cases for business systems tools and processes
- Help perform extensive functionality, integration, regression, interoperability, and end-to-end system testing, independently and with team assistance
- Work closely with development and business teams to ensure that the highest quality software is deployed in accordance with delivery timelines
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and isolate defects and report them
- Communicate technical concepts/issues clearly to colleagues and review documents for technical content and accuracy
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5 + years of experience as Automation Quality Engineer
- Black box testing, web app testing, backend testing, regression testing and test plan generation and documentation
- Writing automation test scripts for Web-based Applications, Salesforce, and API
- Triaging and troubleshooting complex issues, bug/defect tracking, and reporting
- Documenting test plans, test cases, bug reports, and status reports
- Experience with automation tools like Selenium Webdriver, Cypress, and/or Postman API and/or similar is required
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience using Github, Atlassian tools including Jira and Confluence, and diagram creation tools like LucidCharts
- Experience with REST APIs
- Be the customer’s advocate in matters of quality and the user experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce and AWS desired
- BS in CS / EE / CE / SE or equivalent related work experience
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Unison is a San Francisco-based company that is pioneering a smarter, better way to own your home. Until now, the only way to finance a home was by taking on debt. Through the Unison Agreement, we help homeowners access their equity flexibly with no monthly payments or interest. We enhance home affordability, reduce debt, and deliver a less risky way for homeowners, investors, and society to think about their most important asset - the home. For additional information, visit www.unison.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
2019 was a record-breaking year for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the 5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with over 7K customers through our HomeBuyer and HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast500 awards, where we ranked the 3rd fastest growing company in the Bay Area and the 19th across the United States as well as being included in the 2020 Forbes Fintech50.
This couldn't have been accomplished without the contributions of all our team members. Our CEO, Thomas Sponholtz was the recipient of the 2019 HousingWire Vanguard Award as well as Brad Lookabaugh, VP of Portfolio Management and Brodie Gay, VP of Research who were recognized for their innovative work for Unison and the housing industry.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.