Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real life pains and we’re backed by top tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust and Team Spirit - with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the Finance Team:
With fast execution and high ambition comes the need to watch for sustainability and efficiency. This is where our finance team jumps in - the finance team is a business partner to all managers and the leadership team and supports in budgeting, accounting, financial control and forecasting.
Overview of role
Reporting directly to the CFO, this newly created role of Business Intelligence analyst, based in the Lisbon HQ, is responsible for the maintenance of the data warehouse and the championing of a data driven discipline within the overall Uniplaces business.
Key stakeholders to the Business Intelligence analyst will include the Data team within the PEDD function (who are responsible for the technical provision of robust data into the warehouse), the FP&A team (who are responsible for the financial reporting of the business) and the broader analyst community that sit embedded within separate business functions, as well as the senior leadership team.
This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about looking to make a difference through the provision of data driven insight, who wants to help shape strategic decision making process across all areas of the company and who enjoys working with in a dynamic fast paced environment.
In this role, your mission is:
- Manage the integrity, structure, and organization of Uniplaces data to maximise its value and accuracy;
- The building and maintenance of pre defined reporting out of the data warehouse that can be self serviced across the business; develop well organized, insightful reports, dashboards, and other forms of data visualizations to support strategic business decisions;
- The coordination of the management, development and analysis of data from across the Uniplaces BI platform through collaboration across all functions in the requirements, design testing and deployment of the organisation's reporting and data warehousing solutions;
- Receive business requests and effectively convert into implementable solutions or actionable analysis;
- Perform data management tasks to fill in gaps in the data collected, and/or to adjust data source structures to facilitate analysis and integration with reporting data model, this will include working with the technical and functional teams to identify data anomalies and ensure report accuracy;
- Manage and support ad-hoc projects in support of driving business insights, intelligence, or business process efficiency/improvements;
- Provision of instructor led training and support to end users on navigation of the BI system.
Your track record:
- BA degree or higher in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics/Statistics or another related major field of study;
- Experienced in data mining and provision of commercial insight in a data analytics decision support role;
- Demonstrated experience with creating reports, dashboards, and/or summarizing large amounts of data into actionable intelligence to drive business decisions;
- Strong technical skills – advanced Excel, Sequel; Experience with leading Business Intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy, OBIEE, Business Objects, Tableau;
- Basic coding skills and ETL proficiency;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience using SQL for performing data profiling, formatting and ad hoc data analysis;
- Highly numerate and analytical with good attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) – fluent English speaker;
- Proven ability to manage different stakeholder groups;
- Strong focus on automation to scale current and future processes;
- Experience of having worked within a high growth multi site technology environment would be advantageous.
- Proven self-starter, with a proactive can do work ethic and experience of being able to work independently, juggling and prioritising across workloads and consistently meeting deadlines;
- High levels of emotional intelligence – ability to develop strong personal relationships;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Strong time management skills and ability to deliver on multiple objectives in time pressured environment through effective prioritisation;
- Comfortable working in a high paced change environment with a willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment;
- Fiercely ambitious to learn and grow with the company.
This is why you’ll love this role:
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent into its full;
- You will have a direct contact with the senior team, with management responsibilities and decision making ownership;
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
- Working in Lisbon, one of the coolest up and coming start-up hubs in Europe, where the sun always shines and the seafood is delicious.
What else do you need to know?
- The role is based in Lisbon;
- For this position, we do not sponsor working visas, but we offer a relocation package in case you are not in Portugal.