Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real life pains and we’re backed by top tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust and Team Spirit - with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the Operations Team
Every day, more than 5000 nights are booked by students from 175 nationalities in 33 different cities on uniplaces.com. Our Operations team that embraces 14 nationalities and works across 6 different languages, ensures that every interaction with customers is focused in improving the student and landlord experience, so that room search becomes as easy as buying a flight ticket.
In this role, your mission is:
- Engage with Uniplaces’ landlords through phone and email responding to all types of requests regarding listing and booking management, complaints, cancellations and general landlord enquiries about our model and product;
- Deliver landlord advisory on several topics such as price, availability, contracts and check-ins/outs;
- Assist landlords from first offer published to our Rent Guarantee service;
- Proactive engagement campaigns in order to optimise rentability of offers and customer performance.
Your track record:
- We don’t expect a specific background or set of experiences, as long as you’re a top performer in every task and job you enroll!
- Fluent speaking/writting in 3 languages German, English AND Italian OR Spanish OR French (other languages are bonus);
- Great communication skills - usually you are the one introducing everyone around and making sure everyone is at ease. You get comfortable in communication face to face, over the phone or in writing;
- Natural problem-fixer even under pressure;
- Strong influencer, you’re a natural when it comes to convince others and proving your point across the table;
- Open minded and tolerant working with peers and customers from different nationalities and backgrounds.
This is why you’ll love this job:
- Through our intensive training and hands-on experience with insights from our most senior employees, you’ll learn all about our product from the inside out in every step of the workflow;
- Meeting people from all around the world on a daily basis, really feeling you’re helping landlords to increase their occupation rate;
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent into its full extent;
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
- Working in Lisbon, one of the coolest up and coming start-up hubs in Europe, where the sun always shines and the seafood is delicious.
What else do you need to know?
- This is an entry-level role based in Lisbon;
- You will report to your Team Lead;
- You will start on a 3 or 6 month fixed term contract;
- For this position, we do not sponsor working visas, but we offer a relocation package in case you are not in Portugal;
- You must be available to work 40 hours a week under rotating shifts, that might span weekends and bank holidays, comprised within 08h00 and 20h00.
*Please fill in all the required information below.