Uniplaces is an international, venture backed team, making it easy for millions of students worldwide to find and book their accommodation online. As part of our growth strategy, the company is looking for an experienced Brand and communication manager to lead Uniplaces’ customer engagement.
We are a results oriented business with global ambitions who value team spirit in which everyone feels responsible and empowered to achieve their potential and be rewarded for doing so. The future Head of Brand & Communications will be a vital part of the Marketing team in ensuring a robust and structured communication strategy and brand positioning.
You will be tasked with growing Uniplaces brand from the ground up; this means monitoring the perfect balance between customer needs and company vision, understanding who we are and where we are going.
- Research and segment customers together with available data or generate new data points (customer insights) to provide a true unique (and powerful) value proposition for all segments
- Create Brand Plans, and Go-to Market Strategies , recurrently Audit them, and adjust Brand Positioning by Customer segment to guarantee the Uniplaces Brand is seen as a trusted, consistent and engaging Brand across all customer segments.
- Define vision, mission, goals and strategies for the Uniplaces Brand adjust to each one of the Customer Segments to increase sales, brand loyalty and increase market share.
- Define and lead a Global communications strategy building brand equity with the consumer targets. Manage and uphold a multi-language consistent message, content, tone of voice and brand positioning.
- Define, Measure and Report Brand performance specifications (ROI, KPI´s), cost and price parameters, market applications and potential sales estimates.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues, reporting findings in a consistent and structured way.
- Responsible for holistic and engaging communications across the company (strategy, plan and implementation) guaranteeing all employees, partners and press are active and engaged brand ambassadors
- Oversee all creative Marketing output ( copy, content, creative and media across all channels (internal and external))
- Work closely with all parts of the company ( other marketing teams, Local and Central operations, Ambassadors and product team) to input in regards to all communication elements of new campaigns and product launches.
- Manage and expand internal communications to engage current and future employees.
- Maximize our Ambassador Programme to deliver optimal Brand Awareness across all markets.
- Coordinate all Social Media efforts to guarantee we have an aggressive Social presence, fully aligned with our Brand Principles, generating engaged fans across all Social Media Channels.
- Efficiently manage the Brand Budget to guarantee we get maximum impact vs our spent.
Experience & Education
- Degree educated with fast pacing client side experience.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in international marketing campaigns: brand management and communications with a strong focus on offline-online awareness channels.
- Experienced with digital and ABL traditional marketing including print, radio, TV, sponsorships, events experiential marketing and sponsorships.
- Very Comfortable with social media, programmatic, and content distribution through digital.
- Experienced managing, nurturing and developing media relationships directly or through agencies/consultants.
- Team hiring, training and management experience.
- Work in the travel/accommodation industries is a plus, but not required. Robust/active online presence and familiarity with all media and influencers)
- Solid english writing skills.
This role will report into the VP Marketing and is based in Lisbon. Regular short term travel is expected.