Uniplaces is looking for a capable, energetic and ambitious team player to help expand our presence in Spain. You will be directly assisting Spain's Business Development team and have a broad range of responsibilities including market research, lead generation, attending client and partner meetings as well as supporting local marketing activities.
You will work alongside our Key Account Managers in Barcelona (outbound and inbound) tasked with building the sales and partnership's pipeline and getting the word out about Uniplaces in the Spanish market. You must be fluent English and Spanish (Catalan is a plus). You need to be hungry to sell and ready to take ownership of a role that has a direct impact on business performance.
We want your energy not your experience: this is a great opportunity for you to jump-start your career.
You know you’re a natural; you were born for sales! You have excellent communication and persuasion skills via email, over the phone and are able to close deals in person; you have to be eloquent, well-spoken and convincing. You’re results-oriented, positive, energetic and self-disciplined. You’re smart, analytical and ambitious. You do what needs to be done; you know that it takes hard work, dedication and persistence to reach your goals!
- Market knowledge about the Spanish real estate/student accommodation sector having lived and/or studied in the Barcelona before
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish (Catalan is a big plus)
- International experience, having lived, worked or studied outside your home country
- Past sales experience is good but more important is your motivation & energy
- Action oriented - you get things done before someone suggests it.
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written) - you are a clear communicator and can understand issues from different perspectives.
- Positive & energetic - your enthusiasm is contagious and this motivates people around you.
- Strong sense of ownership - you take pride in your role and make every day count!
- Analytical - you can quickly draw out the important and useful information from data and look for ways to improve the efficiency of your work.
- Available to start quickly
- Be responsible to build your own pipeline of landlords and partners
- Work with the sales team to close deals via cold calling, prospecting, pipeline development, and opportunity identification
- Work with the partnerships team to close win-win deals with key student related partners
- Constantly improving our processes and giving ideas on new strategies that can help us reach more client
- Attending client and partner meetings
- Assisting the Sales managers and KAMs with hands on operational tasks
What you get:
- First hand startup experience in our fast growing, venture backed company.
- Direct contact with the senior team.
- A unique opportunity to be one of the first team members involved in launching new markets
- Hands-on training across marketing, sales and operations
- Exposure to all areas of the business
- Expenses paid internship position
This is a 3 month internship offer with the Partnerships & Sales Team in Barcelona.