Union.ai is a Seattle-based startup founded by a team of engineers formerly from Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, and most recently, Lyft. We contribute to Flyte, https://flyte.org, an open source platform originally built at Lyft for orchestrating massively scalable data processing and machine learning pipelines running on Kubernetes.
These pipelines power some of the most popular apps on your phone, as well as applications in diverse industries such as song sharing, vaccine research, early cancer detection, global map rendering, financial projecting, and piloting autonomous vehicles. Financially, we are backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors.
Craft and execute Union’s strategy to spread the word about Flyte to software engineers and technology leaders working in the exploding field of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Craft and execute Union’s marketing strategy, including positioning, branding, and outreach, for an open source software platform with a proven production deployments at marquee companies such as Lyft, Spotify, and Toyota
- Execute the main marketing functions personally now
- Build and lead a scrappy team of bloggers, open source community managers, and developer evangelists to scale our marketing efforts as we grow
- Strengthen the feedback channels between our users and our engineering team
- You should have a proven track record of success evangelizing to engineers, and dramatically growing developer communities, preferably in open source. This is a leadership role. We are looking for someone who has done this before, and knows the ropes.
- Marketing to people who are inherently skeptical of marketing people
- Superb written and spoken communication abilities, including distilling complex technical concepts into winning sound bites
- Leadership, recruiting, and team building
- Fast-growing company with evolving challenges and opportunities to grow into almost any role you can fulfill
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits for you and your family
- Meaningful equity -- we want all employees to be owners
- Flexible work schedule
- Free snacks and beverages post COVID...
- Working with a pretty good crew of friendly nerds
We value diversity across many dimensions: age, gender, race, sexual orientation, faith, country of origin, economic background. We want everyone to feel at home working here, and we know we are stronger when the team is composed of people who bring broad life experiences to the table. We especially value gumption, so overcoming challenges of any kind in your life will resonate with us. If in doubt, reach out.