Union.ai is a Seattle-based stealth startup, founded by a team of engineers formerly from Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and most recently, Lyft. We contribute to Flyte, an open source platform originally developed at Lyft for orchestrating massively scalable machine learning and data processing pipelines running on Kubernetes.
These pipelines power some of the most popular apps, as well as diverse industries including ride-sharing, vaccine research, early cancer detection, and autonomous cars. Financially, we are backed by top-tier Silicon Valley VCs.
We are seeking seasoned senior front-end engineers to deliver delightful web user experiences to the people managing these complicated systems. You will be challenged to build complex, modern web applications quickly but thoughtfully, balancing speed-to-market with scalability and maintainability.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- We are seeking candidates with at least 3-5 years of experience building modern interactive web experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills -- we work as a global team integrated with with a global open-source community
- Proven eloquence in modern TypeScript
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Proven unit testing discipline
- Mastery of cross-browser accessibility standards, and proven commitment to building accessible web applications
- Expert knowledge of debugging, maintaining, and upgrading live software systems
- Fast-growing company with evolving challenges and opportunities to grow into almost any role you can fulfill
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits for you and your family
- Meaningful Equity - we want all employees to be owners
- Flexible work schedule, open to part time
- Working with a pretty good crew of friendly nerds
- Free snacks and beverages post COVID...
We value diversity across many dimensions: age, gender, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, faith, country of origin, economic background. We want everyone to feel at home working here, and we know we are stronger when the team is composed of people who bring broad life experiences to the table. We especially value gumption, so overcoming challenges of any kind in your life will resonate with us. If in doubt, reach out.