Union.ai is a Seattle-based startup founded by a team of engineers formerly from Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, and most recently, Lyft. We contribute to Flyte, https://flyte.org, an open source platform originally built at Lyft for orchestrating massively scalable machine learning pipelines running on Kubernetes.
These pipelines power some of the most popular apps on your phone, as well as applications in diverse industries such as song sharing, vaccine research, early cancer detection, global map rendering, financial projecting, and piloting autonomous vehicles. Financially, we are backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors.
We are seeking a senior user experience designer to lead our efforts. The challenge is to present information that is inherently complex in an approachable yet efficient way. It is a difficult problem and solving it with efficacy is core to our business success. Ideally, we would love a senior partner who is looking for a bold challenge.
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience designing interactive web applications, preferably for people at work
- Track record of designing user experiences that convey large amounts of information in an approachable, progressively exposed way
- Demonstrated success working closely with senior software engineers to understand user stories outside of your personal experience
- Your designs should be both aesthetically pleasing and accessible to people of all abilities
- Able to define and explain a visual design language and palette that engineers and product managers can understand and extend to new ideas to delight our users
- Possess the soft skills to craft consensus, or at least working agreement, from diverse stakeholders
- We expect to grow a team of UX designers over time - Team building and leadership skills are a bonus
- Fast-growing company with evolving challenges and opportunities to grow into almost any role you can fulfill
- Meaningful equity -- we want all employees to be owners
- Family-first culture with excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Flexible work schedule, in the Seattle / Bellevue area
- Full Immigration Support including H1b transfers and sponsorship
- Work with a pretty good crew of friendly nerds
We value diversity across many dimensions: age, gender, race, sexual orientation, faith, country of origin, economic background. We want everyone to feel at home working here, and we know we are stronger when the team is composed of people who bring broad life experiences to the table. We especially value gumption, so overcoming challenges of any kind in your life will resonate with us.
If you want to get our attention right away please include a cover letter containing a haiku using the word opossum, or any other marsupial of your choice. We promise to respond to all marsupial haikus, in person, within three days.