Union.ai is a Seattle-based stealth startup, founded by a team of engineers formerly from Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and most recently, Lyft. We contribute to Flyte, an open source platform originally developed at Lyft for orchestrating massively scalable machine learning and data processing pipelines running on Kubernetes.
These pipelines power some of the most popular apps, as well as diverse industries including ride-sharing, vaccine research, early cancer detection, and autonomous cars. Financially, we are backed by top-tier Silicon Valley VCs.
We are seeking a senior user experience designer to lead our efforts. The challenge is to present information that is inherently complex in an approachable yet efficient way. It is a difficult problem and solving it with efficacy is core to our business success. Ideally, we would love a senior partner who is looking for a bold challenge.
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience designing interactive web applications, preferably for people at work
- Track record of designing user experiences that convey large amounts of information in an approachable, progressively exposed way
- Demonstrated success working closely with senior software engineers to understand user stories outside of your personal experience
- Your designs should be both aesthetically pleasing and accessible to people of all abilities
- Able to define and explain a visual design language and palette that engineers and product managers can understand and extend to new ideas to delight our users
- Possess the soft skills to craft consensus, or at least working agreement, from diverse stakeholders
- We expect to grow a team of UX designers over time - Team building and leadership skills are a bonus
- Fast-growing company with evolving challenges and opportunities to grow into almost any role you can fulfill
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits for you and your family
- Meaningful Equity - we want all employees to be owners
- Flexible work schedule, open to part time
- Working with a pretty good crew of friendly nerds
- Free snacks and beverages post COVID...
We value diversity across many dimensions: age, gender, race, sexual orientation, faith, country of origin, economic background. We want everyone to feel at home working here, and we know we are stronger when the team is composed of people who bring broad life experiences to the table. We especially value gumption, so overcoming challenges of any kind in your life will resonate with us. If in doubt, reach out.