Understood is dedicated to shaping the world for difference. Our programs focus on empowering people who learn and think differently, and those who support them, by offering customized, accessible resources and a compassionate community. To learn more about Understood and our programs, please visit: www.understood.org
About the position
Understood is looking for a Partnerships Manager to support our Growth and Development team with process improvements and ongoing internal projects.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing partnership projects with varying levels of complexity from inception through execution. This role requires a high level of collaboration with cross-functional teams and partners to coordinate the consideration, design, and completion of projects on time and within scope, while ensuring the most productive and efficient use of team resources. This person will also be accountable for identifying project process improvements; finding efficiencies in execution, time, budget, and resources.
- Design, develop, and manage project plans, deliverables, key milestones, and timelines to ensure the impactful design and execution of partnership projects
- Monitor projects using appropriate project management software and systems to ensure timely completion of projects and increase efficiency
- Anticipate obstacles to mitigate risk with project deadlines and team resources, to ensure success and alignment throughout the organization
- Analyze organizational processes, and facilitate and implement recommendations for optimization and improvement
- Build effective, highly collaborative relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Actively participate in strategic and creative brainstorming
- Lead the communication and dissemination of information between cross-functional working teams, managing internal meetings and agendas
- Provide regular progress reports and summative reports for projects, including budget reports, grant reports, and impact reports
- Resolve project challenges through direct action or escalation, when necessary
- You prioritize equity and impact, and drive for results
- You are a team player and highly collaborative
- You build rapport quickly and authentically
- You have the ability to translate big-picture ideas into actionable steps, tactical planning, and efficient execution
- You are able to work in matrixed, ever-changing environments
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- 3+ years of experience in role focused on project management
- 2+ years of increased responsibility leading process improvement projects
- Knowledge of partnership design, development, and execution preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills, including attention to detail, record-keeping, and ability to manage multiple client assignments simultaneously
- Working knowledge of AirTable, and contemporary project management tools or platforms
- Ability to drive change, problem solve, motivate, persuade, and be empathetic to a wide range of diverse, cross-cultural audiences
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders (including senior executives), and communicate insights in a flexible, professional manner
- Comfortable navigating complex, matrixed organizations
- Ability to collect and analyze data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Cal, Sheets, Slides)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Proven facilitator of process improvements and change management projects
- Process Improvement certification in Six Sigma, Lean or BPI Methodology preferred
- Project Management Certification (i.e PMP) preferred
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Understood encourages individuals of all learning styles, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, including those whose life experiences may include the challenge of access due to a disability to apply for this position. Additionally, research has shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for roles unless they believe they meet all of the qualifications. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described as we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to supporting this work.
Understood is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associates, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information on learning and attention issues, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, executive functioning issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, processing issues, and more, please visit www.understood.org.