Understood is dedicated to shaping the world for difference. Our programs focus on empowering people who learn and think differently, and those who support them, by offering customized, accessible resources and a compassionate community. To learn more about Understood, please visit: www.understood.org
About the position
Understood is looking for a Project Manager, Process Improvements who will report into the Senior Process Improvement Manager on the Process Excellence team. The Process Excellence team is a new function that partners with cross-functional stakeholders and works closely with various teams (e.g. Product, Marketing, and HR) to impact the way we plan and execute the work we do at Understood.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the development and implementation of project(s) and process improvements, as well as supporting cross-functional initiatives on a number of process excellence and / or change management projects.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone that has made process improvements in non traditional settings like a fast based digital or technology environment.
- Work with Process Excellence team to create organizational processes and facilitate / implement recommendations for optimization and improvement
- Analyze data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Assist with the research and implementation of new technologies related to process improvement
- Learn new technologies and assist in the training of the organization on best practices and uses
- Assist with project management work, including but not limited to: creating timelines, identifying key milestones, and identifying any additional resources needed to complete the work
- Assist in the development and implementation of project management tools and techniques
- Take ownership and drive change management
- Assist with development and maintenance of OKRs across the organization
- Resolve project issues through direct action or escalation, when necessary
- Assist with the management of internal relationships, processes, and performance improvement
- You are eager to learn new technologies and dive into unknown areas with broad scope
- You are a team player and strive for results
- You build rapport quickly and authentically
- You have the ability to translate big-picture ideas into actionable steps, tactical planning, and efficient execution
- You are able to work in matrixed, ever-changing environments
- You are calm under pressure
- 2+ years of experience in a role focused on process improvement in fast paced digital environments
- 2+ years of experience supporting project management projects
- 2+ years of experience supporting technology development (product or software)
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Working knowledge of contemporary project management tools or platforms including Jira and Airtable
- Working knowledge of data analytic tools
- Demonstrated experience in software or technology development (SDLC and Agile)
- Experience utilizing project management and process improvement technologies
- Highly proficient in Google Suite (Sheets, Slides) and / or Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Ability to collect and analyze data
- Ability to drive change, problem solve, motivate, persuade, and be empathetic to a wide range of diverse, cross-cultural audiences
- Willingness and ability to engage with stakeholders (including senior executives) and communicate insights in a flexible, professional manner
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Understood encourages individuals of all learning styles, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, including those whose life experiences may include the challenge of access due to a disability to apply for this position. Additionally, research has shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for roles unless they believe they meet all of the qualifications. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described as we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to supporting this work.
Understood is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associates, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information on learning and attention issues, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, executive functioning issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, processing issues, and more, please visit www.understood.org.