Understood is dedicated to shaping the world for difference. Our programs focus on empowering people who learn and think differently, and those who support them, by offering customized, accessible resources and a compassionate community. To learn more about Understood and our programs, please visit: www.understood.org
Develop and implement analytic strategies that help to make Understood a world leader in evidence based decision making. Support teams in their abilities to drive impact in the organization through data and insight.
- Lead and develop analytic capability across the organization including marketing, product, and content.
- Scope, hire, manage, and develop analytic team members.
- Conceive, source, and infuse data, knowledge-based thinking and decision making that drive impact for the 1 in 5
- Work with product, marketing, and engineering to define requirements for tracking campaigns and products.
- Develop experiments and analyses to support launching, learning, and scaling.
- Enable the translation of data into insights, thinking, decisions, and initiatives
- Improve access, utilization, and understanding of data and knowledge at all levels
- Align and shape and evolve projects in partnership with leadership on initiative goal, strategy and vision
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP: capable of expansive thinking about user data, infusing the ideas of others to make them better. Helps the organization think differently.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Capable of taking a germ of an idea bringing it to fruition.
- EXECUTIVE GRAVITAS AND BUSINESS ACUMEN: Comfortable interacting with all level business leaders including CEO. Insightful and credible contributor to overall business strategy and decision-making.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Strong communicator and influencer, able to articulate a clear and compelling vision and take people on a journey. Effective at cross-functional stakeholder management, at all levels of the business. Excellent listener, excels at synthesising information and communicating actions clearly.
- UNDERSTANDING OF HOW TO DRIVE IMPACT FOR THE 1 IN 5: Brings a successful track record in various data driven strategic and tactical functions and knows how to help think about data driving impact. Capable of working across functions including marketing, product, impact team to extract relevant information and ask the right questions. Able to connect opportunities to the mission.
- EXPERIENCE: 7+ years of business experience in strategy, innovation and new product development across multiple industries, market conditions, and business models.
- Discipline: Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations, Psychology, Physics, Statistics (all others are welcome).
- Education: Doctorate/Masters/Bachelors (helps, but not always)
- “Languages”: Python, SQL, R, SAS, C, Mathematica, MatLab, etc. (fluency in at least one).
- Platforms: not that it matters, but we have recently insourced to GCS, Snowflake, Snowplow, Looker, and TapClicks.
- Approach: Experimental Design and Statistics for sure, machine learning if you are building models (if it provides insight, we will honor it).
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Understood encourages individuals of all learning styles, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, including those whose life experiences may include the challenge of access due to a disability to apply for this position. Additionally, research has shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for roles unless they believe they meet all of the qualifications. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described as we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to supporting this work.
Understood is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associates, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information on learning and attention issues, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, executive functioning issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, processing issues, and more, please visit www.understood.org.