Understood is dedicated to shaping the world for difference. Our programs focus on empowering people who learn and think differently, and those who support them, by offering customized, accessible resources and a compassionate community. To learn more about Understood and our programs, please visit: www.understood.org
About this position
We are searching for a strategic growth marketer to lead the team responsible for new user acquisition across our digital platforms. This agile marketer will lead strategy development, prioritize test and learn experiments, and execute growth and retention initiatives with an eye toward building long-term relationships with users. This is a cross-functional team-leader role, working alongside marketing leaders as well as the Product, Creative, and Data Science teams. The role reports to the Head of Social & Growth and would have budget oversight responsibilities.
- Lead all acquisition efforts to increase users and build ongoing relationships with Understood
- Develop and execute growth tests that will validate new product features or experiences
- Optimize conversion-rates, and establish best practices for paid growth
- Drive growth of new products, including our new podcasts, iOS app, ezine, etc.
- Recommend, implement effective marketing tech stack to drive efficiencies and to optimize workflow
- Develop annual and quarterly work plans that map to organizational objectives
- Craft quarterly OKRs for the growth team
- Oversee growth budget, reporting, and optimization
- Partner with data science to optimize paid, growth, and acquisition initiatives
- Lead SEO/SEM, ensure collaboration across teams, and spearhead testing/improvement roadmapping
- Manage and develop team members day-to-day while providing growth and improvement opportunities in order to increase the output and efficiency of the team.
- Passionate about Understood’s mission and being a force for impact and social change
- Experience with B2C, multi-segment audience acquisition and retention
- Ability to develop strategy as well as guide execution across various growth initiatives
- Deep understanding of digital product launches, including apps, podcasts, etc.
- Fluency in critical technologies, including CRM e.g. Hubspot), Looker, TapClicks, Google Analytics, etc.
- Expert on both the front and back end of core paid media channels
- Fluent in technical knowledge and able to communicate with non-technical audiences
- Experience with running A/B tests at scale for growth
- Prior experience evaluating and building growth marketing tech stacks
- Ability to manage and track budgets
- An agile, collaborative, team player
- Strong people leader adept at building, guiding and growing teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results-based organization
If you need an accommodation or assistance in using the Understood Careers website, please email email@example.com. Additionally, we're always looking for passionate and talented people to join us in shaping the world for difference. If you are interested in exploring more opportunities at Understood, please send your resume and a brief introduction to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Understood encourages individuals of all learning styles, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, including those whose life experiences may include the challenge of access due to a disability to apply for this position. Additionally, research has shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for roles unless they believe they meet all of the qualifications. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described as we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to supporting this work.
Understood is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associates, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information on learning and attention issues, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, executive functioning issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, processing issues, and more, please visit www.understood.org.